autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

clean side mirrors like factory settings.

I can't clean side view mirror streak free as windows.

There is always residual streaking despite that I used a clean microfiber towel & Meguiar window cleaner solution.

How do I clean mirrors like factory settings?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: clean side mirrors like factory settings.

Try a waffle weave microfiber towel to clean your mirrors with a aerosol window clean like invisible glass, also try waterless washing the mirror first(so your not just moving the dirt around in the final cleaning) then clay the mirror then use the said suggested products

Post Thanks / Like

AHHHH I know exactly what your talking about. My BMW mirrors are the same way.

I've have some success by spraying spray wax onto a microfiber towel and using that, then a second towel to dry. Everything I've used always gets streaky as if something is there

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming that the mirror itself is clean - it sounds like you're dealing with the dirt/moisture/oil residue trapped along mirror seam. Every time you wipe, the towel would pulled out junk and smeared it all over the mirror; an endless attack wave of streaks.

Try cleaning it again, and then blow drying the area before final buff. If you don't have a blower, use a straw and puff away.

If you've got a blind spot mirror, those things can trap moisture and make cleaning a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Assuming that the mirror itself is clean - it sounds like you're dealing with the dirt/moisture/oil residue trapped along mirror seam. Every time you wipe, the towel would pulled out junk and smeared it all over the mirror; an endless attack wave of streaks.

Try cleaning it again, and then blow drying the area before final buff. If you don't have a blower, use a straw and puff away.

If you've got a blind spot mirror, those things can trap moisture and make cleaning a challenge.
    !

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice.

Another option would be to change your method entirely. Use Wolfgang glass Polish. It won't remove scratches, but it will remove any stubborn film and residue. It also wipes away streak free
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asianisafish View Post
    AHHHH I know exactly what your talking about. My BMW mirrors are the same way.

I've have some success by spraying spray wax onto a microfiber towel and using that, then a second towel to dry. Everything I've used always gets streaky as if something is there
    ^^ exactly what I do!!! I usually do it the day after washing- otherwise little drips of water always get into the towel from crevices and flub it all up over and over and over and over...

Post Thanks / Like

use a spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing by M View Post
    use a spray wax
    how does spray wax help ? please elaborate