autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: chemical guys vs the world

Doesn't matter what company or what products you have. It all depends on application. A specific compound on a specific paint may work wonders. On another, it may not...

I don't pretend to be a professional. I just play around with my own stuff. I try to do my homework before purchasing anything, be it soap, compounds, polishes, cleaners, waxes, etc.

I have had very good luck with CG's soaps. I have Honeydew, Mr. Pink and Citrus Wash Red. I haven't really tried much of their other stuff, FWIW, but I like the soaps and would purchase them again. I consider them pretty good bang for the buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys to me is either rebranded, horribly done or just overdone marketing. I have tried their leather cleaner which is good, maxi suds 2 which is good for the money and v07. V07 was a waste of money to me.

I think they are okay overall.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How about their WAC314 innovative paste wax and sealant...$2500 for 8 ounces? Uh, yea, no thanks. The case is cool though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rroop32 View Post
    How about their WAC314 innovative paste wax and sealant...$2500 for 8 ounces? Uh, yea, no thanks. The case is cool though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'd rather buy a flex and rupes and tons of pads

Post Thanks / Like

They have the best looking labels on there bottles with flashy colors and scents...but thats about it...

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that Professional products are whatever product that is capable of doing the job that you need to do. I've used many brands of products and have tried some products that are more expensive than others, but price does not always make the difference. I've used high dollar wax and got as good and even better results with Collinite 845 and Poorboy Natty's wax, both much cheaper, but I would consider them Professional products. I have used numerous Chemical Guys products with excellent results. One of my very favorite detailing products is Chemical Guys Blacklight. It always leaves an excellent finish. So my opinion of the "Professional" products is whatever you need to do the job that your trying to do. If you create a really good base by washing, claying, and polishing, then most all products will look great. A lot is just personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could consider Cquartz and Modesta coatings more for professionals, i know Cquartz Finest is kinda for Pros only.

I know a number of detail shops that Use Adams, Chemical Guys, Shine Supply etc. Some of those shops do some crazy good correcting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usmcpab View Post
    This is a great example of differing opinions. I have invested in a lot of CG's products, some I love, some ended up in the dipsty dumpster. Butter Wet Wax, dumpster. M Seal, Dumpster, Jet Seal on the way to the dumpster.
    I'm on the same boat with these products. I bought into their advertising especially because they were local at about 15 minute drive. However one day I tried BFWD to compare against jetseal. The differences were night and day. So it made me wonder about other products. That's when I realized there was a world of greater products out there. Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy some of their products. Their soaps are pretty great.
    As far lines go, I really enjoy meguiars professions detailer line. Very economical and work great. I use meguiars polishes as well. However, I do use specific products from other lines. I feel it's all on individual preference. A customer will base your professionalism based on results in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Chemical Guys has the marketing hype, hot girls and a sales guy doing video's that could sell ice to an eskimo. A lot of newbies buy into their hype and end up disappointed after using better quality products from other companies.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123