autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BRS - Big Red Sponge

Quote Originally Posted by viperking View Post
    Keeping it in the bucket with ONR, Because there is still product (ONR), do you use the same product from the wash or begin with new ONR. Feel guilty leaving it in a bucket with some dirt in it.
    I keep it soaking in a bucket with clean ONR

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use a rinse bucket? I know ONR pulls the dirt to the bottom of the bucket (with a grit guard). Just feel that it still needs to be put through rinse bucket.
    You can use a rinse bucket but make sure the rinse water is completely squeezed out of the sponge. If you do not squeeze the rinse water out of the BRS you are adding clear water to your ONR solution and it will dilute the solution, giving less protection. You could always add ONR to the rinse bucket if needed but it uses more product

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Autogeek needs to change the description on the BRS. The description says to use high lubricitiy suds and doesn't even mention to use the BRS for Rinseless Washes. The BRS was designed for Rinseless Washes and if Autogeek would change the description, the sales may double or triple. It would also help to change the title from Optimum Big Red Wash Sponge to Optimum Big Red Rinseless Wash Sponge

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the multiple towel method with rinseless for a while now and I generally like it. What I don't like too much is constantly folding and managing towels. It's not that bad, but still, one has to be careful about folding properly, etc. Also, doing an additional load of laundry is there as well when doing this method.

I'm wondering about the BRS. It looks like a faster way but I'm wondering how can it be more safer than a medium/deep pile microfiber towel. From my perspective, which is very limited, a MF towel seems to have more "space" to hold dirt compared to a sponge-based product. Also when using the BRS, how does one really know if the dirt is not being reabsorbed by the sponge. Please correct me here if I'm mistaken. I'm just thinking of things that I don't know about.

The BRS is very intriguing though. It seems to release the dirt well and also seems to clean well. I'm just wondering about using this on cars that are polished. I'm hesitant about scratching up cars while washing so I'm not sure. Maybe I just need to try one and see how it does.

Appreciate any feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Used the BRS for the first time today. Gonna need a little getting used to. Somewhat different from using just the microfiber towels.
    Yeah, I ended up selling mine. To each there own but I prefer MF towels.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a great tool honestly. My current one is almost 2 years old, and has no broken pieces or squares. I leave it soaking in rinseless solution at all times. Theres really no need for a rinse bucket. If you feel the need, ensure that it is also ONR at rinseless dilution. I will use the same water on 2-3 cars. My first few times were a bit unsure, but now I feel weird doing a traditional 2BM wash.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    I've been using the multiple towel method with rinseless for a while now and I generally like it. What I don't like too much is constantly folding and managing towels. It's not that bad, but still, one has to be careful about folding properly, etc. Also, doing an additional load of laundry is there as well when doing this method.

I'm wondering about the BRS. It looks like a faster way but I'm wondering how can it be more safer than a medium/deep pile microfiber towel. From my perspective, which is very limited, a MF towel seems to have more "space" to hold dirt compared to a sponge-based product. Also when using the BRS, how does one really know if the dirt is not being reabsorbed by the sponge. Please correct me here if I'm mistaken. I'm just thinking of things that I don't know about.

The BRS is very intriguing though. It seems to release the dirt well and also seems to clean well. I'm just wondering about using this on cars that are polished. I'm hesitant about scratching up cars while washing so I'm not sure. Maybe I just need to try one and see how it does.

Appreciate any feedback.
    To make sure the BRS does not scratch the paint, just rinse it out in the ONR bucket after every panel and you should not have a problem

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my BRS directly from Optimum last year but never used it since I preferred doing a PW + WW with MFs over a RW.

I was never told by OPT at purchase time that you have to keep the sponge soaking in a solution of ONR when not in use. Where did this info come from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    Its a great tool honestly. My current one is almost 2 years old, and has no broken pieces or squares. I leave it soaking in rinseless solution at all times. Theres really no need for a rinse bucket. If you feel the need, ensure that it is also ONR at rinseless dilution. I will use the same water on 2-3 cars. My first few times were a bit unsure, but now I feel weird doing a traditional 2BM wash.
    I think I might know the answer but have you noticed an increase in marring compared to other rinseless wash methods?

LOL, I'm just being a bit cautious because this is a totally new wash method for me. I've been conditioned to believe that the multiple towel method is the only safe way to do a rinseless wash. It might need some courage on my part to try a new method (haha).

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    To make sure the BRS does not scratch the paint, just rinse it out in the ONR bucket after every panel and you should not have a problem
    Ah ok. It seems to rinse out cleanly from what I've seen but of course I'm not there in person. Do you use the BRS on your personal vehicles?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast