autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are my prices to high?

Hello guys,
    Was wondering if I was charging to much for my services. I called many shops around my area and they were charging both full interior and exterior, which includes polishing for $150. I called to get estimates from different shops and most shops were charging within that range? It takes me about 6 hours to do a interior and around 10+ hours to to a exterior for paint correction and I am charging between $400+ or more depending on the severity of the paint. If I charge $150 to do both interior and full paint correction, I don't think its worth it. Also, most of the detailers that I called said he does not compound but only polish because compounding can be too abrasive. How do these detailers remove paint defects without compounding? I am kind of lost here and should I drop my price down as well? I charge $400+ for full paint correction which includes wet sanding, compound, polish, sealant, and wax. Is that to much? Please give me feedback and take a look at this link if the prices seem good? Please give me your honest insights and opinions!
    Services :: Maestro Detailer
    Thanks guys,
    Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are my prices to high?

$150 for a interior and exterior is reasonable around my area. If I did that it would be about 4-5 hours total and the outside would just get an AIO.

Post Thanks / Like

same prices you had on phila. craiglist if I'm correct
    But they seem fair to me.

Post Thanks / Like

You are setting yourself apart from them,you are more into a detailing process then they are which is no promblem,you just have to find that clientele who is willing to pay for quality over quantity.6 hrs on a interior is a pretty long time.with those detail companies around you,I would go mobile it changes the dynamics.

Post Thanks / Like

You charge what you think your work is worth and or sometime your gonna have to take a lost to make a win therefore I suggest you do a general all in one approach when your offering your interior/exterior/polishing package and or lower the price some depending upon severity thus always be open to customers/charge fairly to the ones who want that 10 plus makeover and not just a little shine.....just some ideas

Post Thanks / Like

I saw your menu,I would ask more for a 2 bucket wash at least 40 at the min.stay away from engines.otherwise in your menu you are describing your method and products used.It will be a little hard to get those clients,but it can be done good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

The enthusiastic owner will find you if you do good work and the crap will go away. That's what worked for me

Post Thanks / Like

The price your charging is higher than most people would want to pay.
    I am not saying that your over priced but the law of supply and demand as I have seen will only tolerate a lower price. Yes doing all of that to a vehicle is worth it as I do cars for broker who deals in collector cars from Packard's to Ferraris and Alpha Romeo's and others. Depending on what is required to make the vehicle right is what gets charged.
    But a lot of customers would like a nice interior cleaning and polish and wax and you can do that for the $150.00 price . . . . . You seem to know what your doing and if you want to pick up more business that would be a way to do so. Good luck in your venture . . . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The enthusiastic owner will find you if you do good work and the crap will go away. That's what worked for me

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, just wondering how these detailers perform a full paint correction and a interior detail under 3 hours? Im just kind of confused. I have a good customer base but have couple of calls a day stating that other shops charge half my price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast