autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update:Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol)

Naptha should do the trick.
    2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie CrewCab w/Air Suspension
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum Hybrid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

What a great testimonial to the restorative
    value, and durability (among other attributes),
    of this particular Meguiar's product!

Bob
    It is a great testimonial Bob. This stuff is as durable as all get out. It has lasted through numerous snow storms, salt, rain storms and freezing temps with it being outside 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpk20x View Post
    I have w feeling you might just be able to apply the WETS on top of this product to get the look that you're after. I know that I've applied some on top of an existing trim coating on my Avalanche and it made the trim slightly darker and less shiny.

This will Not work^
    I've tried applying Megs D4510 over it and it does absolutely nothing but sit on top of it.

@Willowcat11. I have your answer... Magic Eraser w/either D101 or D108. You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Kind of taking this a different direction, sorry. Did this stuff actually make the trim black, and it's staying that way no matter what you do? The reason I ask is I have a neighbor with a CRV the rear bumper cover was replaced when it was almost new. They used an aftermarket piece and it's faded terribly. Where it's light gray with almost white stripes. I've tried several products with not much success. If this stuff will make it black and keep it that way I'm sure he would be happy.
    DaveT435,

My Exterior Trim was like you described of your friends. Very Faded light grey with white lines and streaks.

When I applied the UB Aerosol with a very light coat, all of that grey went away, and any streaks evened out and just blended in. I then applied a second coat to ensure full coverage. Any dirt, salt, anything that gets on that trim just comes right off after spraying or wiping it off.

I did not exaggerate one iota of all the things I have tried to remove this stuff. It literally looks the same as the day I applied it after all those cleanings.

I want to retract on a word I used to describe it. I think I said I didn't like because I felt it had a fake shine to it. Those are incorrect words I used. I don't think It has a "FAKE" shine to it. I am just liking the results I have been getting from WETS on my Dad's and Brother's cars, and then on my Cowl, and Front Grill of my car. The UB Aerosol just had, to me personally, just a little more than I was looking for.

The member, The Guz, on here has done some really nice reviews on this product.

It takes some Prep work so you can protect your paint, headlights, and other car surfaces from UB getting on. What I mean by that, is that I highly recommend, like The Guz does in his Review, that you tape all areas directly adjacent to the trim. I actually used 2" wide tape, and taped three rows deep, so that I had covered about 6" of paint from the trim. Any wind and this aerosol can get all over the place. If it does get on another surface you can Immediately wipe it off. I stress Immediately, because this stuff dries in record fast time. I'm talking seconds not minutes. If it gets on your paint, and you count to 15 and try to wipe it off, it gets real grabby and very difficult to remove. Once it's on, it's on. As you can see from all my cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This will Not work^
    I've tried applying Megs D4510 over it and it does absolutely nothing but sit on top of it.

@Willowcat11. I have your answer... Magic Eraser w/either D101 or D108. You're welcome.
    Eldorado2K,

I hear about the Magic Eraser all the time on AG. What the heck is it?

Post Thanks / Like

The Mr. Clean Eraser?

Post Thanks / Like

Update:Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol)

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Eldorado2K,

I hear about the Magic Eraser all the time on AG. What the heck is it?

They're these dumb little pads that look like they'd be good for nothing.. But they're actually pretty amazing at getting out certain things such as scuffs & stains on interior plastic, cleaning plastic trim, removing transfer off plastic trim, and a whole bunch of other uses as long as you're carefull at what you do.
    It Will remove that UB Aerosol. Takes a little elbow grease, but it will take it off. It's how I got it off the Tacoma.

Update:Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol)-imageuploadedbyagonline1456377123-419492-jpg

You can buy em at Target or wherever you buy bathroom cleaning stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, I'm all excited about this! That's right, I forgot you had it on your Tacoma. And these things got it off! This is a God send if it works man.

Before using the Magic Erasers did you have trouble getting it off like me?

Post Thanks / Like

Update:Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol)

Heck yea. Nothing worked.. I even tried a wire brush like you which resulted in a small area with permanent scratches. Grr..

The D108 helps get it off faster... But I think the end results may look better with D101@10:1 because it's less aggressive. I could be fooling myself though. Either ways, it comes off. Just spray and keep rubbing back n forth and wipe clean, and repeat.

Post Thanks / Like

You have shined Hope on a situation, which had no Hope! LOL!

You Rock Man!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast