autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on Upgrading Polisher??

I currently own a Griots Garrage. I was thinking of upgrading to the Griots Boss g15. Is this on par with the Rupes an Flex polisher?

Im not a professional. I just do this on the Weekend..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on Upgrading Polisher??

I had a Gen 1 Porter Cable, then purchased a GG6 after the PC spent 12 hrs under salt water...Then, "because it was on sale"I picked up a Flex 3401. My only regret is why in the world did I wait soooooo long...
    Can't speak for the g15, but anything to make correction go faster is worth it to me.
    I'm a weekend warrior as well...

Post Thanks / Like

There is a great thread on this exact topic, GG vs Rupes. If I can be bold enough to summarize a few points:

1) For the most part it came down to preference. A lot of GG fans and a lot of Rupes fans.
    2) Warranty was another factor and there were some that leaned toward GG's warranty as the sort of the tie breaker.
    3) Another tie breaker for some was going with the originator of the large throw - therefore the Rupes.

I started with the PC and then went with the Flex 3401 and then added a GG 3" and then a Rupes 75 mini. I really like the feel of the Rupes and recently ordered the Rupes 15 Mark II which will arrive on Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    I currently own a Griots Garrage. I was thinking of upgrading to the Griots Boss g15. Is this on par with the Rupes an Flex polisher?

Im not a professional. I just do this on the Weekend..

They are both solid machines and you can't go wrong with either one (Rupes/Griots). The new Rupes Mark II now have the edge on power but I still prefer the ergonomics, comfort, and fast start of the BOSS tools. If you get a chance to try both before buying that would be your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I just upgraded from the PC 'style' (PC, GG6, MT300) to the Rupes LHR 15 Mark II and I LOVE IT! Such a smooth machine, with lots of correcting power.

I cannot speak to the Rupes vs. Boss, as I have only worked with the Rupes (older and Mark II).

I picked mine up locally a few weeks ago, and the dealer threw in some extra goodies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I just upgraded from the PC 'style' (PC, GG6, MT300) to the Rupes LHR 15 Mark II and I LOVE IT! Such a smooth machine, with lots of correcting power.

I cannot speak to the Rupes vs. Boss, as I have only worked with the Rupes (older and Mark II).

I picked mine up locally a few weeks ago, and the dealer threw in some extra goodies.
    With the Rupes 15 Mark II, did you end up going with the Rupes pads, LC HD, B&S Low-Pro?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    They are both solid machines and you can't go wrong with either one (Rupes/Griots). The new Rupes Mark II now have the edge on power but I still prefer the ergonomics, comfort, and fast start of the BOSS tools. If you get a chance to try both before buying that would be your best bet.
    You did a great video review on the Boss too!

Post Thanks / Like

Good time to order a Mark II. I am enjoying mine.

RUPES Mark II Polishers & Kits IN STOCK (Yes, ALL of THEM!)

Post Thanks / Like

Not that it really matters, but since you're already familiar with Griots machines, the G15 will keep you "in the family" so to speak.

Performance wise, the G15, like the GG6 is a random orbit machine, and will probably be much more comfortable for you to use, while still delivering increased performance capabilities from the GG6.

The Flex 3401 is a true dual action machine, where gears placed in the spindle housing, and on the back plate eliminate the free spinning effect found on GG6/G15 type machines. This machine can handle downward pressure, allowing for increased cutting abilities, they also polish, and wax effectively as well.

Transitioning from the GG6 to either the G15, or 3401 - I would imagine you would have a much easier time transitioning to the G15. Not the the 3401 isn't an awesome piece of machinery, it just takes some getting used to by comparison.

You can relegate the GG6 to be used with smaller pads and/or brush attachments if you desire to keep it.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO performance/results has a lot to do with technique and pad selection. With good technique and pads you can achieve awesome results with almost any machine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast