autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Car mats

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car mats

I would go with weather tech all the way but I like the original carpets on my car. I wash my car in and out weekly

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have three sets for my BMW, the original carpet ones, Weather Tech and Coco Mats. The coco mats are in the car 90% of the time - mostly due to style. Out here in Seattle we don't have to worry about all that salt so the Weather Techs don't get used much.

My truck has weathertech's in it 100% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    Weathertech in the winter, Lloyds during the summer.

^^^This^^^ Have used this same combo in my vehicles for the past 10 years or more... Both Weathertech and Lloyd's make the best mats!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Here's a real world shot. Car mats

Attachment 40372

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Weather Tech's liners are great because they cover the entire floor area of the car. They're NOT rubber, rather a molded cut material.

Looking at pdqgp's photo, you can see where the left foot rests, they bring the material up on the sides, likewise if you look to the right, near the console you'll see the same, as well as behind the foot pedals, offering more protection than factory or rubber mats.

All that salt and grime gets everywhere. While I agree the factory mats (especially if embossed with logos) look and clean up nice, the problem is the areas the don't cover. Factory carpet gets destroyed by the chemicals in the salt mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    WeatherTech on all my cars

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for weatherTech. I recently got my first set and they are great.

One thing to note is be careful what you use to clean them. The first time I rinsed them with a hose, wiped them down with a MF cloth. That's all good. My mistake was I then put 303 on them to make them easier to clean next time. Wow! That made them REALLY slippery!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm the lone wolf here voting for Husky Liners. I have them in my winter vehicles and love them. Exact fit, a lot less pricey, lifetime warranty and no "curling" like I've seen a lot of WeatherTechs do.

My company sells with and we have a lot of warranty issues with Weathertech for this curling issue.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07rs View Post
    I bought husky liners for my 2016 WRX because they covered more area than the weather techs
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Wow, I'm the lone wolf here voting for Husky Liners. I have them in my winter vehicles and love them. Exact fit, a lot less pricey, lifetime warranty and no "curling" like I've seen a lot of WeatherTechs do.

My company sells with and we have a lot of warranty issues with Weathertech for this curling issue.
    There is 3 of us for Husky Liners. I had them in my Speed3 and now in my current 6. Love the quality and their price kills Weathertech!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Weathertechs, but my model had these little velcro dealios to hold the mat in place. Miserable design, doesn't work for %#@%. Got rid of them and bought Husky's for the passenger areas. I still have and love the WT cargo liner. So, beware of what type of hold down they use for your car, my WT's ended up slipping under the gas pedal all the time when the velcro thing failed.

I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ for reference.
    Last edited by drbll; 01-28-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: more info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drbll View Post
    I bought Weathertechs, but my model had these little velcro dealios to hold the mat in place. Miserable design, doesn't work for %#@%. Got rid of them and bought Husky's for the passenger areas. I still have and love the WT cargo liner. So, beware of what type of hold down they use for your car, my WT's ended up slipping under the gas pedal all the time when the velcro thing failed.

I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ for reference.

Same thing happened to me. Called their customer service to see if they had replacement Velcro. They sent me new mats. No issue with those new mats a year later.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast