autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Car mats

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car mats

Weather Tech in all three of our vehicles....08 Sequoia, 13 Tundra and 13 Sonata.....

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer carpet mats. I don't track crap into my car so I don't need the weather mats. I like the look of them much better than plastic. Now my wife's car on the other hand...

Post Thanks / Like

I had Weathertech mats on my 2013 GMC Sierra...and they fit nicely..but as you know..they ain't cheap! For a much lesser investment, Sams Club has a set of black or tan REALLY heavy duty rubber mats that do the job! They are thick, heavy and are designed to keep any water trapped within the confines of the mat. I would prefer Weathertech..but this is a great alternative. If I remember..they were $29.95 They had two large mats for the front amd two smaller ones for the back. If you have kids that are into sports or outdoors activities..then the Weathertech will provide more floor coverage for the rear floor boards

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up getting 3d maxpider mats. They are modern looking and fit perfect. For a luxury vehicle its a perfect match.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use weathertechs because I don't need them here in the deep south. I have my carpeted (OEM) mats with my school's logo mats (rubber type) on top.
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Winter and Summer

I use Weathertech's here in the winter but move back to carpeted ones once the salt is gone.

Carpet cleans up really nicely anymore so I don't fret too much with dirt.

I recently had these made for my car and have them in all but the driver side (metal heal plate shown) since it is still technically winter but I wanted to see them installed sooner than later

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Weathertech
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter and Summer

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I use Weathertech's here in the winter but move back to carpeted ones once the salt is gone.

Carpet cleans up really nicely anymore so I don't fret too much with dirt.

I recently had these made for my car and have them in all but the driver side (metal heal plate shown) since it is still technically winter but I wanted to see them installed sooner than later

Cool custom mats.

I'm tempted to put in my carpeted mats and take out the Weathertechs in both vehicles. I can't take out the Weathertechs because they are so easy and convenient. My four year old Weathertech mats in my Sienna look great and the carpet underneath looks new.

I do like the look of the carpet, but the utility of the Weathertech have their own good look. Especially in trucks. I'm surprised weathertech hasn't offered on OEM package from the factory/dealer. It would be a win for both the OEM and Weathertechs. When spending $130-600 for a set of mats what is another $25-50 premium for an OEM logo.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use oem Volvo rubber mats in my S40. $50 for a set of 4 mats, and about $18 for the rear tunnel cover. Nice and heavy duty and tight fitting, you have to push them down a bit to seat them. So don't forget to see what your oem offers, you might be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter and Summer

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Cool custom mats. I'm surprised weathertech hasn't offered on OEM package from the factory/dealer. It would be a win for both the OEM and Weathertechs. When spending $130-600 for a set of mats what is another $25-50 premium for an OEM logo.
    Thanks! I'm looking at ways to replace the Weathertech logo on mine with something else. Love the mats but I'd much rather have something besides their logo there. I'm going to likely have something made up to put on them. I'm surprised Weathertech doesn't offer a ways to customize them even.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast