autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car damaged by "professional" detailers

Quote Originally Posted by Vendawish View Post
    $270. Yeah mate thats the butcher

I got a split second pain in my chest when I saw this...

Despicable people for them to accept your money with a straight face. Let me guess, I bet THEY were the ones with the bad attitude when you argued about the horrible job all across the vehicle... I cannot stand those kind of people. Liars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by softweav View Post
    Must be more to the story, can't believe anyone would return car back to customer in that condition. New to forum & detailing ( paint correction) , just can't believe this is the kinda work someone in the business would put out & charge for. DISCOURAGING

Discouraging or motivation to keep the standards high?

I can't speak from personal experience about Aussie detailing but a bit further south in New Zealand - seeing this type of work is pretty common. Especially from body shops! I would fix this type of thing at least twice a month on average. Sad knowing that this come from a "detailing" shop but not a surprize at all.

We also have those car wash cafes down here - none close to me but It makes me wonder if the standards are the same.

Sorry about your car mate, hope you get it sorted out & looking proper.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Omfg! Too many people trying to impersonate a actual professional Detailer smfh ... sorry hope this gets resolved somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! Its a shame but it's shops like this that give me business and the opportunity to educate customers. Sorry that you had to find out the hard and expensive way. Keep us updated on the outcome.

Here is one that I fixed.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

It's astounding these places stay in business.

I assume you showed them the photos and pointed out areas that were substandard before asking for your money back. If not, try again. This is sadly the criminal justice system (at least in the US) doesn't seem to recognize this as vandalism (i.e. deliberate damage of property) though small claims court is a bit more understanding. Not sure if it's worth your time considering you are selling the car.

Not only should you get your money back, but the shop should pay for any damages (If they wrecked that taillight and mirror mount) and pay any additional charges beyond a normal detail cost to cover cleaning up the polish/wax residue that they left everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see this. Social media is a powerful tool. See if they have a facebook page, google map spot, Yelp review. Bombard them! I saw someone suggested for you to pick up a rotory, please dont do that. The holograms are bad but shallow, a decent DA should be able to remove them. It seems they didnt put any wax on it at all. Usually I get clients that come to me after having their car done some where else. They say it looked great for the first month or so but after the wax wore away it looks like this. Usually wax will fill alot of this stuff.

Mike Phillips

I looked at the pictures, actually downloaded so they can be inserted as clicking to a link to look at pictures isn't as powerful or easy as simply inserting them for all to see. Don't have time but will get to it later for posterity.

Sorry to hear of your experience with what is supposed to be a pro shop.

Sad thing is this type of hack work is the norm for people without training or for people that don't get on forums like this.

My recommendation is you learn to do your own machine polishing. Then you can undo the damage yourself and moving into the future you can always take care of your own cars.

Plus... from my experience reading threads like this for years now and then watching the evolution of the victim... not only can you fix this yourself - after you learn how to detail your own car everyone that knows you will start asking you,

When can you detail my car?

Post Thanks / Like

man that is a hack job, this is partially the reason I havent ever trusted someone near me and have taken it onto my own to do all my cars, hope you get this resolved because they did more harm then good to your car your trying to sell

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...... just wow

I feel for you.
    Like others have said on here, best bet for the future is to learn how to do it yourself.
    But if you in a hurry to sell it I hope there is someone closely that can fix it for you.
    I would also not take no for an answer concerning the refund AND I would blast them all over social media, etc.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, even the crappy shops in my area do much better work than that. Feel sorry for you bud.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast