autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Aerospace 303 harmful to our health?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post
    Good posts Messrs MPBGT, damaged442

Also while this may seem cumbersome or unfair to those having to comply, with CA law. It does give a warning to consumers, who may not have heeded, instructions without that warning.

Nice muscle car, I remember it from my youth, hope the damage is minor, or none.
    I'm all for warnings. Sometimes I get concerned that people become immune to warnings if you have warnings on everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post
    I'm all for warnings. Sometimes I get concerned that people become immune to warnings if you have warnings on everything.
    I quite concur.

The world is in the midst of re-regulating with new rules and symbols and such likes. Whilst we are all for a 'harmonised' system, the new "Globally Harmonised System (GHS)", is far from that! Our biggest annoyance at the system is that products which are a risk for eyes now have the same symbol being used as you will find on very dangerous and corrosive substances. Our experience is that people automatically assume that the symbol means 'corrosive', because it always has before. The sad reality is that we are having to educate people that this symbol does not automatically mean that it will burn them half to death and that they have to read the small print to really see if it is a product to be cautious with or a product that they need to put on a full body suit. In practice this means that people are tending to assume that the symbols are scaremongering so are paying less attention to them (which is wrong, but this is a case of the chemical that cried wolf).

Any pro should have all the data sheets saved/stored somewhere and can check the hazards. The danger of the formulated product is really what you want to look at, I would not be too worried about digging into the details of the ingredients unless you are a special case (like pregnant, for example). Follow the instructions on handling and exposure control and you will be fine.

As for CA - I am just glad that we don't supply into anyone there, total nightmare.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Warnings also serve to limit liability, in case a mfg. finds there in a court battle. All that can be done is provide the warning information, if the end user, ignores, well...

MSDS sheets are oriented towards workers (OSHA, CalOSHA), prior to this safety information, a worker could be handling, toxic harmful, chemicals without, proper safety equipment, where employee & employer could claim, no knowledge, of harmful substances. Now with MSDS sheets, the knowledge is plainly available. In CA an OSHA inspection could happen at any time, & whoever greeted the inspector, could be required to provide the, ALL MSDS sheets for that facility.

CA has extended (kinda sorta) the MSDS sheet to consumers, by making mfg. post warning labels. As far as nightmarish, new things, tend to be problematic, in the beginning, but adaption occurs overtime. This is a win, for consumers, and a win for consumers who read & heed labels.

Post Thanks / Like

99% of lab rats, that were sprayed in the eyes with 303, have gone blind. So yeah, it's harmful (if not used correctly).

Post Thanks / Like

I used their fabric cleaner to wash my hair, and now I have a bald spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    99% of lab rats, that were sprayed in the eyes with 303, have gone blind. So yeah, it's harmful (if not used correctly).

The rats did not go blind, actually they have so much UV protection they don't need sunglasses anymore.......joking......

Post Thanks / Like

I know an old thread --Sorry for posting here just trying to contact Ricorocks -- btw I love Aerospace 303 -- use it on all my cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post

I'd imagine if you drink 303 it wouldn't be too good for you.
    And I thought it would be the perfect chaser for my Zep 505!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Where in the world did you hear that and whose everyone?

According to California pretty much everything causes cancer.
    Lets not forget even Starbucks have the signs lmao
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if 303 caused cancer the other day after doing my truck interior and standing back admiring it while smoking a Marlboro.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123