autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

White 2004 Camry - Single Stage Paint?

Does anyone know if the white paint used on the 2004 Camry is single stage? If so, how should I go about restoring oxidation/dullness?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White 2004 Camry - Single Stage Paint?

Yes I bought one 2011 with 30k on it ,paint was a little faded but no matter what I used I could not get any depth.Instead of spending a lot of money looking for a magical polish,I stopped by ag and showed mp.we concluded that 151 was the match for gloss not depth.I ended up getting rid of it 5 days later and bought a charger. I've done a few camrys and tacomas.My goal on these vehicles is shine no depth,Depending on severity of dullness I use uber on wool polishing pad ,then finish down with da using uber on orange cutting foam to rid halos then polish with blackfire,that's worst case scenario.If moderate oxidation d151 one step should work with da and foam cutting pad.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The oxidation is uneven. It's mostly on the rear doors and trunk area, the hood is actually in fairly good condition.

I read an article earlier that talked about using Meg's sealer reseal glaze to sort of moisturize the paint before doing a compound/polish but I'm not sure if this would be work well on my car.

Also, I have some Meg's ultimate compound lying around. Would that work in place of the Uber?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFunnyman View Post
    The oxidation is uneven. It's mostly on the rear doors and trunk area, the hood is actually in fairly good condition.

I read an article earlier that talked about using Meg's sealer reseal glaze to sort of moisturize the paint before doing a compound/polish but I'm not sure if this would be work well on my car.

Also, I have some Meg's ultimate compound lying around. Would that work in place of the Uber?
    are you gonna tackle by hand or machine? Number 7 method works great on some applications .I found out pledge works great pre nourish the area simply by spraying panel let it dwell for,10 min the start buffing.sometimes 7 gets dried into the paint causing buffer walking and gumming the pad up quickly especially on gelcoats and rv.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which method do you think would be best? I do have a DA polisher so it's an option. I've never had to use #7 before.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if the white paint used on the 2004 Camry is single stage? If so, how should I go about restoring oxidation/dullness?
    Toyota has a white that is single stage, but the same color is also available in clear coat too.

Instead of waiting for an answer, just take Ultimate Compound or Ultimate Polish on a microfiber towel and rub. If there is any paint transfer (which obviously will be white so don't use a white towel) then you have your answer.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Which method do you think would be best? I do have a DA polisher so it's an option. I've never had to use #7 before.
    Da will give you better and quicker results,don't look for perfection the paint system is terrible and it will fade back out again Within a year.raised body lines curves and edges are really thin so u may want to finish by hand as a precaution .I would use d300 paint correction cream then a polish,go slow,with da arm passes if not you will get highs and lows and have plenty of pads
    On you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Toyota has a white that is single stage, but the same color is also available in clear coat too.

Instead of waiting for an answer, just take Ultimate Compound or Ultimate Polish on a microfiber towel and rub. If there is any paint transfer (which obviously will be white so don't use a white towel) then you have your answer.
    Sequoia versa etc are base coat clear coat Camry and Tacoma are ss.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Look for the paint code on the driver's door jam. If it reads 040 it is indeed single stage Toyota Super White.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    Look for the paint code on the driver's door jam. If it reads 040 it is indeed single stage Toyota Super White.

I just checked and it is 040 Super White. This means I don't have a clear coat to fail, so I just need to compound (or something similar) right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast