autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question add extra cabin interior LED lights?

how can I add extra powerful interior cabin lighting?

The stock cabin lights aren't bright enough. I want to add more lights to 150 lumens.

does anyone have good suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: add extra cabin interior LED lights?

I had the same issue in my truck. The overhead lights I changed to bright white led's which worked for the most part. But that still did not fill in the foot wells so I added led strips to brighten it up. I was going to do bright white but felt that maybe too bright so I installed blue led's in the foot well.

I would recommend the two following sites.
    LEDs - flexible LED strips, LED modules, 12v LEDs
    https://www.superbrightleds.com

Some will say these sites are too expensive and you should go to e-bay. But I went that route the first time and after a month or so some led's started to go out. I guess I got what I paid for.

You should see if you can find your service manual for your vehicle. This will show you how things are wired in your vehicle. My truck has all the options already wired from the factory even if I don't have the option. I do not have a hitch on my truck and the wiring is there for hooking up a trailer. So I took the trailer circuit and I've used that for a bunch of extra lighting.

Hope this helps
    What kind of vehicle do you own?
    You should be able to find a forum for your vehicle that you can join and that group should be able to help you out with your LED project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails add extra cabin interior LED lights?-cab-lighting-leds-jpg   add extra cabin interior LED lights?-no-cab-lights-jpg  
    2011 Nissan Frontier SV Brilliant Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Frontier View Post
    I had the same issue in my truck. The overhead lights I changed to bright white led's which worked for the most part. But that still did not fill in the foot wells so I added led strips to brighten it up. I was going to do bright white but felt that maybe too bright so I installed blue led's in the foot well.

I would recommend the two following sites.
    LEDs - flexible LED strips, LED modules, 12v LEDs
    https://www.superbrightleds.com

Some will say these sites are too expensive and you should go to e-bay. But I went that route the first time and after a month or so some led's started to go out. I guess I got what I paid for.

You should see if you can find your service manual for your vehicle. This will show you how things are wired in your vehicle. My truck has all the options already wired from the factory even if I don't have the option. I do not have a hitch on my truck and the wiring is there for hooking up a trailer. So I took the trailer circuit and I've used that for a bunch of extra lighting.

Hope this helps
    What kind of vehicle do you own?
    You should be able to find a forum for your vehicle that you can join and that group should be able to help you out with your LED project.
    I have Kia Sorento 2014 EX SUV. do I need to take the car to dealer to hook up the electrical wires?

Post Thanks / Like

i replaced all of my dome lights with LEDs in my VW. it made a big differance in cabin brightness.

Post Thanks / Like

I have LEDs from diode dynamics in all of my interior lights as well as the exterior lights. Been happy with their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    I have Kia Sorento 2014 EX SUV. do I need to take the car to dealer to hook up the electrical wires?
    Not unless you want to pay dealer prices.

Are you handy? If you do any wiring at home you can proably do it yourself.You can also go to any place that installs car stereos and they should be able to do the work for you.

I listed a link to a Kia forum below. The guys on there should be able to point you in the right direction. If they are like the guy’s here and on my Truck forum you will find a lot of help.

You can change the interior bulbs to leds real easy yourself. Just take out the bulbs and check them for the part number. Then do a google search for a KIA bulb list. You should be able to find one in the forum.

2014 - 2015 Sorento Forum - Kia Forum
    2011 Nissan Frontier SV Brilliant Silver