autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good Rinseless wash??

D114.

Nothing comes close to the value this product brings.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Due to the rules I can't tell you the one I like, but it's by the guy that coined the "method" for rinseless washing that bears his name. All this positive reviews on the wolfgang stuff, I may have to try that one next time.
    IIRC his products are pretty good but priced high, you will NOT be disappointed with WGU!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    Others will have much better info to share than I will on this subject.

There is something to note.
    A few months ago someone on this forum mentioned that you could dilute exterior detail sprays down for a rinseless wash solution.
    I have tried this with 5 different detail sprays and have been unbelievably impressed with the results.

Note:

Not all detail sprays are created equal.
    Not all detail sprays have nano polymer technology.
    Not all detail sprays have cleaning power, some do, some do not.

In regards to appearance, I find that in every case diluting the detail spray leaves a much better appearance vs using in RTU form.
    A much cleaner glass look, vs a somewhat cloudy gloss look.
    In regards to protection, such as hydrophobic qualities, UV protection, and the rest, the RTU solution would have more to offer, but you still get a measure of these results in diluted form.

I use distilled water only.
    Tap water is not even worth the attempt.
    Dilution ratios range in the typical 10:1 and 4:1 spectrum.
    I have gone as little as 32:1 and that turned out great as well.

So, consider this an option if you have a bottle of exterior detail spray in your inventory.
    Wow, that's something I gotta try.

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Yeah... I still have a few ounces of ONR and ONRWW dating back to 2013. But last year (funny that 2015 is LAST year)... the only thing I reached for was D114 or DG 931. The first one for when I want *nothing* left behind. The second one for when I want at least *some* sort of protection.

What's cool about D114 is that at finer dilution ratios it makes one heck-of-a good panel wipe (when adding up to 30% alcohol to the mix).
    So ONR and D114 doesn't leave anything behind and 931 is super duper slick. What else doesn't leave something behind? Have you tried WGU yet? Your thoughts if you did.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    IIRC his products are pretty good but priced high, you will NOT be disappointed with WGU!

Yeah you do pay a little more, is it worth it? I dunno, but I don't really do that many rinseless washes anyway. I just like how his doesn't stain the wash media like onr does. I wanted to try the meguiars stuff but a gallon of that stuff would last me years, then I would never get to try anything else out.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious 66, with how effective rinseless and waterless washes are, why don't you do them more often?

Post Thanks / Like

Some times I just feel like the car is too dirty and I get nervous lol. Like right now I prob haven't washed it in about 3 weeks but its also been raining pretty much everyday for the last 2 weeks. I just got some Gloss coat so I may start doing them more often once I get it coated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Some times I just feel like the car is too dirty and I get nervous lol. Like right now I prob haven't washed it in about 3 weeks but its also been raining pretty much everyday for the last 2 weeks. I just got some Gloss coat so I may start doing them more often once I get it coated.
    That's understandable so here's the easy way to do it. If it's real dirty hit the quarter wash first and then come home to do the rinseless or waterless. IMO the waterless is great for when the car is dusty or driven in the rain a bit and the dirt isn't too heavy, rinseless is for heavier dirt or if you wanna be safer as more water/solution keeps lubricty at a higher level.

Now....to throw that out the windowGood Rinseless wash??
    I just used the brand new WW from DG 2 days ago on my car and I had been driven in crap for about 4 days straight and not cleaned for a week prior as it Sat the whole time. Now becaus3 I really wanted to try this brand new product and I'm very comfortable doing a WW on my own car I went for it with this brand new WW on the market, especially since its from DG. I used over 3/4 of the bottle but that's because my car was DIRTY and like I said I'm comfortable doing this. I can report GREAT RESULTS using the new DG WW, so it is possible to use a WW on a dirty car. I should also state the car was a little salty too, so you must saturate the panels real well and use very plush edgeless mf towels. For this is used a brand new set of Wolfgang gold edgeless towels and they really did a great job, 16 x 24 size.

You have to be comfortable but in time you will be, there's a huge support group here to help you take your washing skills to the next level and it's just so much easier and better with these RW and WW products aND techiquesGood Rinseless wash??

Post Thanks / Like

Just had the same type experience as Klasse Act with DG WWwax.
    Great stuff. Your confidence builds as you use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed Jowillie!

I'm sure people will buy the smaller size to try it but if you like DG products and are looking for a RTU product, skip right to the gallon size and you'll be glad you didGood Rinseless wash??

Btw OP sorry to derail your thread with talk of waterless washes but they always seem to overlap, especially with a product like WGU which can be used/made to do both!

Post Thanks / Like

DG really should have made a concentrated gallon size like most others. I'm not inclined to buy it for this very reason.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast