autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Essence or Reflect

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I am in the process of re-doing my packages for this year. I decided to offer Megs Paint Reconditioning crème as my first level correction (pretty much the same as HD Speed) and Essence as the second level.

In terms of price, I will charge 3 hours plus 50$ for that specific step since I will do an IPA wipedown before Essence then use Reload as a LSP on top of it. Compared to 3 hours for PRC since product is cheap and I will top it with Meg's Express Spray wax which is also cheap.

So for me, 50$ more for that product over a normal AIO.

That makes sence being that essence is pretty expensive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    That was me

https://youtu.be/48OL5Egs6Bw

There's the video.

To me the polishing pad looked better overall in person , it didn't pick up much on the cam.

Every car and paint is different tho, but working with this product , I kind of figured out, a polishing or cutting pad is the way too go with essence.

That paint on the Ford in the video wasn't rock hard of the softest either, it was just moderate, and I tried 2 finishing pads, microfiber finishing , and foam finishing (white rupes) and they enhanced gloss but left a ton of defects behind!

(Sorry for the poor editing in the video I posted it before I went to detail fest, and I didn't have the time or experience to trim and edit, when I get back I will edit it asap)
    I just got my Essence yesterday and am hoping to try it this weekend on my Chili Red 2013 Mini Cooper S. I have a Rupes LHR-21 (Mk I) and a Flex 3401. I have a full set of Lake Country HD Orbital pads for the Rupes, and both Hybrids and CCS pads for the Flex. Any suggestions for which machine / pad combo I should try with the Essence? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    I just got my Essence yesterday and am hoping to try it this weekend on my Chili Red 2013 Mini Cooper S. I have a Rupes LHR-21 (Mk I) and a Flex 3401. I have a full set of Lake Country HD Orbital pads for the Rupes, and both Hybrids and CCS pads for the Flex. Any suggestions for which machine / pad combo I should try with the Essence? Any tips are greatly appreciated.
    If it was me and I had those options, I would pair the mk2 with the LC cutting foam or polishing pad, do a test spot to determine witch one is better.

(That is if your doing a one step)

Any longthrow orbital cuts faster then the 3401, I use my 3401 to compliment my long throw, but if I can use my long throw, I'm using my long throw, that is just my preference and my liking.

I bust out my 3401 where my longthrows lacks, they both compliment each other and I'm glad I have both !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    If it was me and I had those options, I would pair the mk2 with the LC cutting foam or polishing pad, do a test spot to determine witch one is better.

(That is if your doing a one step)

Any longthrow orbital cuts faster then the 3401, I use my 3401 to compliment my long throw, but if I can use my long throw, I'm using my long throw, that is just my preference and my liking.

I bust out my 3401 where my longthrows lacks, they both compliment each other and I'm glad I have both !
    My Rupes is a Mk I. If I had a Mk II I'd probably sell the Flex!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    My Rupes is a Mk I. If I had a Mk II I'd probably sell the Flex!
    Oh mis read! I'd still pair it with that, the mk1 is still no slouch at fixing paint

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing.....the Mini's hood and hatch were coated with Sonax PNS in December, and then the car was in the garage for the winter until a couple of weeks ago. Do you think I need to strip the PNS with something other than Essence?

Also, my parents just got a new 2016 BMW M Sport Wagon (Alpine White) that I was going to go over with Essence and then coat with CQUK while it's still new. It's only a week old. Should I be using Essence or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

So Essence isn't finishing out with the Gloss Pads... Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I decided to offer Megs Paint Reconditioning crème as my first level correction (pretty much the same as HD Speed)

Thx. Reading this makes me think twice about buying HD Speed and just sticking with PRC, since I already have a gallon of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just did a test spot on the roof of my Mini which is black....Rupes LHR-75E Mini with a white lake country polishing pad....AMAZING! Was tempted to use a Megs MF finishing disc, but figured foam was the easier route since it doesn't need to be primed with Essence. Working time wasn't very long at all, and it wiped clean easily with a Rag Company Split Purplenality towel. Now I can do the whole car with confidence. Just curious if Essence stains black plastic trim? I'm pretty good keeping clear of trim with the polisher, but I'll tape off if I absolutely need to.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So Essence isn't finishing out with the Gloss Pads... Interesting.
    I'm certain today's harder clear coats prefer more aggressive pads with AIO's and Finishing Polishes to attain the desired result.
    Logic would dictate the firmer, more coarse pads work the abrasives better on hard paint systems than a soft,smooth pad would.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast