autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Throwing my hands up: Poor performance/beading/durability from everything.

PBL Coating
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Throwing my hands up: Poor performance/beading/durability from everything.-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me personally I would strip the car and clay it .Then polish it back off the vinegar use a new app and apply 845 there should be no promblems or maybe coat it with some blackfire.when I do my towels I use laundry detergent and rinse twice and throw them in the dryer and never have any promblems even cleaning glass no streaks or smudges but backing off the vinegar may take the promblem away or not but its worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be your carwash soap as well.I tend to use a wash and wax soap but other members disagree.Keep things simple ,and don't mix a whole lot of waxes and sealants and wowa products,that wowa product smells like alcohol that maybe your promblem.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Michigan and during the winter use a car wash. I used BFWD on my wife's 2001 park ave 6 months ago and it still beads tight. That is on a daily driven older car that gets run through a car wash this time of the year. It makes me wonder if you are getting some sort of airborne contamination that is affecting the water beading .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    Hi, sorry for the frustration! I used nothing but Black Fire for a very long time and had great success with it. But what your experience I can only remember happening hand full of times. I know you said you washed the recently but was it dirty when it rained? I'm rarely impressed by rain beads especially if there dirt on the car. Have you thought about trying a coating? Gloss Coat preforms very well and is easier to apply then any thing. I'm pretty sure this would get you the performance your looking for. Hope this helps!

What ^he^ said.

Beading not good, if car dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a strong believer in applying waxes/sealants/coating to clean paint. The question was asked if your doing an IPA wipe down after polishing. To me this is an extremely important step before applying your LSP.

Since you have Blackfire paint sealant, why not use Blackfire Polishing Enhancer as your prep (paint cleaner) before applying Blackfire Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that acid rain could be neutralizing the beading on the car. If you have any Sonax Polymer Net Shield left, set that up on half of the hood and put another sealant you want to test on the other side. SPNS is really one of the strongest and most durable water beading products when compared to other sealants, so having that on one side is going to give you a strong base to check to see if there's something in either the rain water or possibly your rinseless solution that is masking the beading up.

Go over the sections with a light polish, wipe down with a prep product or IPA, then apply the sealants and check after the first few days or the first week to confirm a strong water behavior with a regular wash. Then go over it with your rinseless and rinse with the hose to see if the water behavior is being altered by the rinseless. And then periodically check after that.

Some products start out strong and then the high surface tension won't last beyond a few weeks on a daily sitting outside. Other times you might have the same product on the car and have it garaged and it will be strong for a few months and you'll notice a more gradual decrease in the beading and the rate of the water sheeting. Surface tension is a tricky business, there are a lot of things that can alter it but if you really notice a large drop in the water behavior of SPNS within that first month, then something funky is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to jump on here real quick while I had the time to thank you for your help and advice and not just making me feel stupid!

The storm we had yesterday may have been more nasty than I and the weather service thought. We had over an inch of rain really quickly,and possibly more than that here. It really got with it raining,and the wind was pretty bad. The trees were really rocking! Took down a "widowmaker" limb that has needed to come down for quite some time.

My point is that the storm may have stirred up no telling what in the wind and rain, and put it on the car. That and being a little overdue for claying probably led to the diminished beading. I just got agitated since I had JUST detailed the car 12 hours before hand. I did go out and do a quick Blackfire Rinseless wash and I retopped the top surfaces with the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. We are in for more severe weather and tons of rain tomorrow and all weekend so we'll so what happens.

I have posted it before,but here is my wife's car. She LOVES it.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Allen and Amanda
    Chevy the Corgi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Throwing my hands up: Poor performance/beading/durability from everything.-img_3235-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I just wanted to jump on here real quick while I had the time to thank you for your help and advice and not just making me feel stupid!

The storm we had yesterday may have been more nasty than I and the weather service thought. We had over an inch of rain really quickly,and possibly more than that here. It really got with it raining,and the wind was pretty bad. The trees were really rocking! Took down a "widowmaker" limb that has needed to come down for quite some time.

My point is that the storm may have stirred up no telling what in the wind and rain, and put it on the car. That and being a little overdue for claying probably led to the diminished beading. I just got agitated since I had JUST detailed the car 12 hours before hand. I did go out and do a quick Blackfire Rinseless wash and I retopped the top surfaces with the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. We are in for more severe weather and tons of rain tomorrow and all weekend so we'll so what happens.

I have posted it before,but here is my wife's car. She LOVES it.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Allen and Amanda
    Chevy the Corgi

Be safe. Had similar happen 2 hours after I detailed my car. Kinda sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Were do you park your car when its raining I know if I park under a Elm tree when its raining , the beads go flat because the rain is washing something out of the tree and it coating the car and killing the beads.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast