autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products/brands should Autogeek carry in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •IMO: You're wrong on so many points.
    Here are a few:

-It is a Professional line.
    -"Production only" does not mean it's not Professional
    -Price doesn't determine "best"
    -"Bad-mouthing" a product/Brand
    -Deflecting from thread-starter's intent

•There are quite a few products/Brands
    that AGO currently carries that I would
    never purchase.

-There may be products/Brands that AGO
    decides to carry in the future that I would,
    or perhaps not would, purchase.
    -Of course you have the same options.

•BTW...since I've not heard otherwise:
    -I take it you're OK with the Malco Brand?

Bob
    1. Just because something is primarily sold to production detail shops, dealerships, and body shops, does not make it professional. The fact that it is primarily sold to underskilled, inexperienced, wool pad and a rotary type detail shops attest to this.

2. See 1. There are lines that are primarily marketed to production gigs, like 3D, that I consider professional. Car Brite is not one of them.

3. No, but when something sounds too good to be true, it often is. I can get a 12 oz. bottle of Collinite 845 for $9 or a bottle of "professional grade" car Brite Nano wax for $17. Not hard to decide which one true professionals would rather have.

4. Is saying that I used Car Brite for almost two years for 50 hours a week as the sole detailer for a large dealership, and that any brand AG sells is better in almost every respect bad mouthing? I will let you decide that, I see it as an educated opinion based on massive amounts of real world experience.

5. You said AG should carry car brite, I groaned in disagreement as I see it as a massively inferior brand. It is the internet, we disagree. Don't take it personal.

Never used Malco, so can't comment on that brand. I've used almost every product Car Brite offers... and their line has not changed even slightly in over 10 years.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me AG carries plenty, at what point is it overkill and is there really a nickels difference between many of these products.

Post Thanks / Like

22PLE PLEASE!!!

Also like others have mentioned microfiber (The Rag Company or Microfiber Tech) doesn't really matter just would like a decent deal to avoid paying $5 per a towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    As I remember it, 3D was an existing brand, and Tunch came to David B. (former owner of Autopia.org and ACC) to develop a "boutique" brand which became HD.
    That's the same way I remember. But with a similar product line and price structure to Car Brite, I don't think the creation of HD made 3D any less of a production line.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think you're inaccurately conflating "OEM" and "production". I think in the context of this thread, "production" is referring to high volume reconditioning, such as at auction houses and the used car depts. of dealers (or used car dealers). These applications use cheap bulk product, where an OEM, which is working on new, full-value cars, are known to use products like Optimum or Menzerna, which carry a premium price.
    I don't see OEM and auction houses as mutually exclusive in the goal or approach; make the car look as good as possible as efficiently as possible, both done on an industrial scale. I would argue that, at times, the factory line is as high volume as any place for corrections, albeit normally a single panel, section or dust nib and the standards are higher in most cases. The difference to me is merely the age and condition of the paint. Both paints will eventually be sold to Joe consumer that doesn't know a swirl from a squirrel and many of the auction house vehicles will go to the same 'detail shop' after purchase as a new car, but won't end up on the same lots. I just looked at a car at a buick delearship last week, all their cars (new and used) to go a shop, they have no in-house detailing.

I don't think that the price alone of Optimum or Menzerna place them above a production environment, consider 3M's line of polishes and compounds that are used by OEMs; rocks in a bottle priced at a premium. 3M rosette denibbers on the other hand are highly engineered abrasives.

My point being, even what we perceive as premium brands are used for high volume, production work; and likewise, with the Malco wax, we can be somewhat impressed by the results of a production brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    That's the same way I remember. But with a similar product line and price structure to Car Brite, I don't think the creation of HD made 3D any less of a production line.

I don't see OEM and auction houses as mutually exclusive in the goal or approach; make the car look as good as possible as efficiently as possible, both done on an industrial scale. I would argue that, at times, the factory line is as high volume as any place for corrections, albeit normally a single panel, section or dust nib and the standards are higher in most cases. The difference to me is merely the age and condition of the paint. Both paints will eventually be sold to Joe consumer that doesn't know a swirl from a squirrel and many of the auction house vehicles will go to the same 'detail shop' after purchase as a new car, but won't end up on the same lots. I just looked at a car at a buick delearship last week, all their cars (new and used) to go a shop, they have no in-house detailing.

I don't think that the price alone of Optimum or Menzerna place them above a production environment, consider 3M's line of polishes and compounds that are used by OEMs; rocks in a bottle priced at a premium. 3M rosette denibbers on the other hand are highly engineered abrasives.

My point being, even what we perceive as premium brands are used for high volume, production work; and likewise, with the Malco wax, we can be somewhat impressed by the results of a production brand.
    ^^^ ^^^

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Just chcked out the Kamikaze coatings...wow! Looks VERY appealing. If anyone is fairly familiar with this company could you please PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

AG should carry products with free shipping to Hawaii!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

One more thing I would like to see is a basic list break down on the store page. The people I get my reef tank supplies from break down everything you need to set up a beginner tank. I think it would be great for newer detailers not to be so overwhelmed. For example, one section could be tools, then soaps, then polishes then waxes so that they know they don't need 8 different polishes and waxes for one car. I'm pretty sure for some it can be overwhelming trying to get started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    One more thing I would like to see is a basic list break down on the store page. The people I get my reef tank supplies from break down everything you need to set up a beginner tank. I think it would be great for newer detailers not to be so overwhelmed. For example, one section could be tools, then soaps, then polishes then waxes so that they know they don't need 8 different polishes and waxes for one car. I'm pretty sure for some it can be overwhelming trying to get started.
    This is a link on the main store page: Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

Post Thanks / Like

I never knew that was there. Thank you for pointing it out.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast