autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clear coat respray

That's great to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ugafiredawg View Post
    UPDATE

After receiving the email I wrote them this morning, the dealership has agreed to swap my panels. I received a call from the GM (the same person who originally denied my request to do the swap) and he stated he wanted to keep a good relationship with me. So, truck will be in this week for the panel swap. Success.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice and insight!
    Great news. Remember to note things like this on future surveys for things like oil changes. People see that, and they will be willing to work with you on future things, or more importantly overlook mild mods when it comes to warranty work.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    Great news. Remember to note things like this on future surveys for things like oil changes. People see that, and they will be willing to work with you on future things, or more importantly overlook mild mods when it comes to warranty work.
    Very good point you make. I was very polite in the email I wrote. At the same time though, I was VERY specific on what I wanted done to resolve the situation. Persistence paid off.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

After receiving the email I wrote them this morning, the dealership has agreed to swap my panels. I received a call from the GM (the same person who originally denied my request to do the swap) and he stated he wanted to keep a good relationship with me. So, truck will be in this week for the panel swap. Success.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice and insight!
    Good for you! That's the resolution I would have been looking for.

Just one more note. If you can't or won't be there when they do the swap, be sure to instruct them not to do any cleaning/polishing to your vehicle or the new panels... Let them know that you'll take care of that yourself.

If you're really lucky they let you hang around and oversee the swap. Even better, as was the case in both of my previous experiences, they actually let me in the shop to help with the swap.

Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Nissan is a good company. I have dealt with Nissan of America a few times with great results. Sometimes it takes a few calls or emails, but they always have come through for me. And the dealers take their ratings super serious. They damn near beat me to give them 5 stars. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Nissan is a good company. I have dealt with Nissan of America a few times with great results. Sometimes it takes a few calls or emails, but they always have come through for me. And the dealers take their ratings super serious. They damn near beat me to give them 5 stars. Lol
    Lol! You are NOT KIDDING when it comes to their surveys! I felt like I had to tell the GM to step away from the ledge when he kept asking me to give them a 100% positive rating. Apparently Daddy Nissan comes down hard if they don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Good for you! That's the resolution I would have been looking for.

Just one more note. If you can't or won't be there when they do the swap, be sure to instruct them not to do any cleaning/polishing to your vehicle or the new panels... Let them know that you'll take care of that yourself.

If you're really lucky they let you hang around and oversee the swap. Even better, as was the case in both of my previous experiences, they actually let me in the shop to help with the swap.

Congrats!

Thanks! Yeah, I actually thought about that. More so to make sure they actually do swap the panels! Lol

And they are very aware of my OCD. The GM told me he is instructing the body shop to do a meticulous job and avoid scratching up bolts, etc. They all know me as that guy who details cars...(even though I really just do my own vehicles...)

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Daddy Nissan comes down hard if they don't.
    I worked at a Nissan dealership for a few weeks. Figured out car sales wasn't for me... anyway, during my short tenure there I guess they were having big problems with survey responses. Most customers were not turning them in and the ones they were getting were less than stellar. At my first sales meeting they sales manager literally said NOBODY is getting commission unless we have 100% positive survey responses. I'm not even sure that is legal... but I didn't really care anyway because I left the company shortly after.

Apparently if their survey scores are bad enough Nissan USA will literally take the sign off the front and you can't be a Nissan dealer anymore. At least that's how they made it sound...
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    I worked at a Nissan dealership for a few weeks. Figured out car sales wasn't for me... anyway, during my short tenure there I guess they were having big problems with survey responses. Most customers were not turning them in and the ones they were getting were less than stellar. At my first sales meeting they sales manager literally said NOBODY is getting commission unless we have 100% positive survey responses. I'm not even sure that is legal... but I didn't really care anyway because I left the company shortly after.

Apparently if their survey scores are bad enough Nissan USA will literally take the sign off the front and you can't be a Nissan dealer anymore. At least that's how they made it sound...
    Wow! I can see that considering all of them are independent dealerships. That would make sense. Interesting!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

From your post it seems like they are willing to take responsibility with some attitude.Address your concerns via email.I am not sure that you must have them do the work ,in California you can take your vehicle to be repaired wherever you want.Bring your car to a body shop you know ,trust, etc.Address your concerns to them.Have them email you their their solution. and estimate.Threaten Nissan with somebody who will do the job .Nissan has already admitted it won't be perfect if they do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123