autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguires: PlastX, Plastic Polish, Plastic Cleaner

I've searched around and haven really found a comparison on these products. Can someone direct me to a thread or comment yourself? It's a little confusing because the word "cleaner" is used in the descriptions of the Plastic Polish (#10), and the word "Polish" is used in the descriptions of PlastX and Plastic Cleaner (#17).

Could all 3 be used in a series (i.e. PlastX, then 17, then 10)? Or or are PlastX and Plastic Polish the same thing marked differently? Somebody give me the low down! I've used them all, and they're awesome, but really, what does what?!? Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguires: PlastX, Plastic Polish, Plastic Cleaner

Here's a Mike Phillips article that should
    help answer your questions:

Meguiar's Clear Plastic Products

Note:
    I'm looking for the same article on AGO's forum.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Here's a Mike Phillips article that should
    help answer your questions:

Meguiar's Clear Plastic Products

Note:
    I'm looking for the same article on AGO's forum.

Bob
    Thanks, Bob. Based on those descriptions, one might conclude that any of those three products would clean and/or polish by itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Get both. M10 and M17 do their work chemically. They work great for plastics such as the interior cluster. Since you are looking for a non-abrasive cleaner for your headlights, use M17 followed by headlight protectant. You can use that combo a few times a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Get both. M10 and M17 do their work chemically. They work great for plastics such as the interior cluster. Since you are looking for a non-abrasive cleaner for your headlights, use M17 followed by headlight protectant. You can use that combo a few times a year.
    Thanks, Guz. I bought both products this afternoon. I think this is the product and/or combo I've been searching for.

Post Thanks / Like

@The Guz. Would you say M10 or M17 is a noticeably better option than Plastx to use on interior dash plastic cover? I've been thinking of picking up Plastx to try and max out my dash cluster but I've also seen the ones you mentioned. Not really sure which 1 I should go with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @The Guz. Would you say M10 or M17 is a noticeably better option than Plastx to use on interior dash plastic cover? I've been thinking of picking up Plastx to try and max out my dash cluster but I've also seen the ones you mentioned. Not really sure which 1 I should go with.
    Well it depends on what condition the plastic is in. If it's a little scratched up plastx would work well. If it's in good shape then the M10/M17 combo would be my recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    FYI I just used the 10 and 17 on three pairs of native brand polarized plastic sunglasses lense's. Worked very well. 10 and 17 are much thinner in consistency than that PlastX. I've got nothing to back this up, but PlastX had a much more aggressive feel to it while working the product. On a guage cluster, I'd try 10 and 17 before trying the PlastX. And be mindful of choice of applicator. PlastX is going to take more rubbing to get off the surface than both 10/17, potentially inducing scratches from applicator. PlastX is like hand lotion. 10/17 are like coffee cream. I'm very careful with my guage cluster and I'd feel confident going in with 10/17 and an extremely soft microfiber. Probably one of those high-pile ones. Listen to Guz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    FYI I just used the 10 and 17 on three pairs of native brand polarized plastic sunglasses lense's. Worked very well. 10 and 17 are much thinner in consistency than that PlastX. I've got nothing to back this up, but PlastX had a much more aggressive feel to it while working the product. On a guage cluster, I'd try 10 and 17 before trying the PlastX. And be mindful of choice of applicator. PlastX is going to take more rubbing to get off the surface than both 10/17, potentially inducing scratches from applicator. PlastX is like hand lotion. 10/17 are like coffee cream. I'm very careful with my guage cluster and I'd feel confident going in with 10/17 and an extremely soft microfiber. Probably one of those high-pile ones. Listen to Guz.

Thank you very much.