autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Gummy bear help!!

Hey everybody, a customer of mine just sent me a message asking about how to clean up a large gummy bear that melted in there cup holder. This is one I have not had any experience with yet. I would probably use my steam cleaner on it but the customer wants to clean it up themselves and does not have a steam cleaner. Any suggestions for stuff to use over the counter that I could give to them?
    Thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gummy bear help!!

I haven't met a cup holder I couldn't make look like new with just an all purpose cleaner and a microfiber towel. The problem with a gummy bear is that it'll just take awhile, with a lot of physical rubbing with the towel. A lot of cupholders have a removable rubber disk that could be taken out, which would make the process a lot easier just by taking it inside and soaking it in some hot water. If not, just have them physically rub it out with a towel with an all purpose cleaner or just soapy water. If it's really tough, it would help to heat it with a hair dryer or wait until another hot day just like the one that melted it in the first place. Or it might be even better to crank the AC up and cool it with an ice cube and peel up bigger chunks at a time, kind of like getting gum out of things. I don't know the name of any specific cleaners other than All-Clean from Chemical Guys, which is all I use for interiors. Simple Green may work just as well though. I definitely wouldn't recommend using any type of solvents though.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you in Colorado by any chance?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd do a few things..

Steam cleaner, if you have one
    If not, get a cup of hot water, and pour it in the cupholder.. assuming it doesn't leak. let this sit, and then just pull the gummi bear out, or wipe out with some towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    Are you in Colorado by any chance?
    I am actually! I am in the reunion area of new commerce city.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody for the input! I will pass on the advice!

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea there is even a new Commerce City haha. That must be where all these $300k houses I keep seeing on Zillow are, because I didn't think Commerce City had anything good going for them with the refinery smells. I live in Aurora but may be moving to Florida. I'm about to get off the road from welding and start my mobile detailing business back up, but the weather has been so shitty in Colorado the past two years, and the housing market is ridiculous there now, just as I'm ready to buy a house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    I had no idea there is even a new Commerce City haha. That must be where all these $300k houses I keep seeing on Zillow are, because I didn't think Commerce City had anything good going for them with the refinery smells. I live in Aurora but may be moving to Florida. I'm about to get off the road from welding and start my mobile detailing business back up, but the weather has been so shitty in Colorado the past two years, and the housing market is ridiculous there now, just as I'm ready to buy a house.
    Haha ya I don't like to claim commerce city much that's why I say new commerce city! It's exactly where all these new houses are popping up lately. Not much out here yet but it's getting better. Still nice and quiet! I would love to move out to Florida! My wife's friend is moving out and got an incredible house for a great deal! Our market is getting really hard to survive in. I luckily bought my house out here before the prices sky rocketed! I couldn't re buy my house today! Haha good luck with the business! I recently just left my day job to focus more time on my detail business. Been doing pretty well up here as there really isn't anybody else doing mobile in my area.