autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing water spots from Ceramic coatings

Quote Originally Posted by ugafiredawg View Post
    That will be something I will have to try. Noticed you are in North Atlanta. Whereabouts? I'm in Woodstock.
    I'm in Alpharetta, not to far from you.

Junior Member Matt@flyingchipmunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

here's another great 50/50 during my last rinseless wash. salt with a nasty layer of mud over spray... https://www.instagram.com/p/BAAshh0CSZn/

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, can you confirm that we can still have water spots on a car that has ceramic coating ? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you have acid rain, fall out or you are hit by hard tap water, you should not have problems with spotting after a wash on a coated car.

5. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Unless you have acid rain, fall out or you are hit by hard tap water, you should not have problems with spotting after a wash on a coated car.
    Reviving this thread.
    I have industrial fallout & acid rain from smoke stacks at work. Vehicles 3 years old with a ceramic coat. I hand wash every 3-5 days after every set of shifts but i must have skipped a couple washes and the marks dont come off with hand washing or ironx.
    What can I try thats safe on ceramic? I doubt clay would work because it feels smooth to touch

7. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgon82 View Post
    Reviving this thread.
    I have industrial fallout & acid rain from smoke stacks at work. Vehicles 3 years old with a ceramic coat. I hand wash every 3-5 days after every set of shifts but i must have skipped a couple washes and the marks dont come off with hand washing or ironx.
    What can I try thats safe on ceramic? I doubt clay would work because it feels smooth to touch
    Try Car Pro Descale.

9. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgon82 View Post
    Reviving this thread.
    i must have skipped a couple washes and the marks dont come off with hand washing or ironx.
    I 2nd descale. Also dont clay unless you want to remove or compromise the coating.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

11. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to wonder if using a product like Meguiars D140 heavily diluted would be a possible solution. I can understand at a concentrated level right out of the bottle it may diminish the ceramic coating to a bit but I would not have a problem using a ratio of 1:20 or even 1:10 for a starting point.

But, on the other hand since I coat my own if I thought it would be a problem I would probably apply additional coating when I am done with water spot removal. I did however have a water spot issue on my black mdx over the summer, having way too many Miller Lite's, washing at mid day, Louisiana sun, and did not think about the D114 (even though I had it diluted at 1:10) I ended up polishing the hood and applying coating to the hood (the next day).

Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    I have to wonder if using a product like Meguiars D140 heavily diluted would be a possible solution. I can understand at a concentrated level right out of the bottle it may diminish the ceramic coating to a bit but I would not have a problem using a ratio of 1:20 or even 1:10 for a starting point.

But, on the other hand since I coat my own if I thought it would be a problem I would probably apply additional coating when I am done with water spot removal. I did however have a water spot issue on my black mdx over the summer, having way too many Miller Lite's, washing at mid day, Louisiana sun, and did not think about the D114 (even though I had it diluted at 1:10) I ended up polishing the hood and applying coating to the hood (the next day).

Just my thoughts.
    Wheel brightener might work but trying to figure out proper dilution would suck.

I would just buy Acidic products made for this. Waterspot remover and Descale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123