autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake country pads

Should I get the Lake Country thin 5.5 pads or the thinpro to go with my gg6? Thanks I just don't know if I should spend the extra 15.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake country pads

Thin would be easier on the machine. Regular will work just fine.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to say thinpro or flat pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the thin pros were designed for the larger throw polishers. Not that they couldn't be used on smaller throws though.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright thanks. I think I'll save a few dollars and get the flat pads.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd get the 5˝" flat pads, and a LOT of them!

Wouldn't worry about the yellow ones, probably never need them. But you DO need to get AT LEAST 4 orange, 4 white, 2 blue, 2 black to start. Also... the 5˝" CCS pads work just as good on the GG6. They'll spin just fine, and they'll go around corners, into irregular surfaces etc. and maintain pad to paint contact.

With the CCS pads they have a green one that's really soft, is lighter weight, but has more cut than the white ones. It'll compress REALLY easily, but it cuts well.

Wouldn't hurt to have some red ones just for snits n giggles. Might have some soft paint you want to really ramp up the gloss on, or just use them for wax/sealant spreading. You'll literally never get all the sealant washed out of your pad(s), so you'll need to dedicate a couple for that application.

(I tend to use the black CCS pads to spread sealant FWIW. That or red flat ones. Then clean by hand, let air dry, and store in a Ziploc bag.)

Post Thanks / Like

Not to try and make your decision harder but B&S flat foams are just about the same price now for the 6 pack pick your own. They don't show that they are discounted so maybe the dropped the price on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thin pro would be fine, flats would be too. I have really started to dislike the thicker CCS pads compared to flat and the new thin meguiar's pads on my GG6. machine works so much better the thinner the pad. If thin pros were around when I got my megs I would have got them. Thin is in
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    I'd get the 5˝" flat pads, and a LOT of them!

Wouldn't worry about the yellow ones, probably never need them. But you DO need to get AT LEAST 4 orange, 4 white, 2 blue, 2 black to start. Also... the 5˝" CCS pads work just as good on the GG6. They'll spin just fine, and they'll go around corners, into irregular surfaces etc. and maintain pad to paint contact.

With the CCS pads they have a green one that's really soft, is lighter weight, but has more cut than the white ones. It'll compress REALLY easily, but it cuts well.

Wouldn't hurt to have some red ones just for snits n giggles. Might have some soft paint you want to really ramp up the gloss on, or just use them for wax/sealant spreading. You'll literally never get all the sealant washed out of your pad(s), so you'll need to dedicate a couple for that application.

(I tend to use the black CCS pads to spread sealant FWIW. That or red flat ones. Then clean by hand, let air dry, and store in a Ziploc bag.)
    Tony! I was just going through my pads, and realized how much I miss the CCS pads.... I know the new stuff is great and all, but those pads just flat out work!

And the green CCS.... I love it... It's really a versatile pad. I love the blue CCS for finish polishing too. Great pads all around.

Two other soft pads with even more cut are the green buff and shine, and pink ccs. They have those larger, open pores that seem to help "dig" into the paint, while picking up more paint at the same time. Because of the decreased surface area, they also spin more freely, and build up less heat. Those are all I use anymore for heavy cutting. I sold off all my hard pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with the flat pads should I get 2 yellow 2 orange and two white to start or 3 orange 3 white. I have some 6.5 but am switching to the 5.5. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast