autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A moment of silence or will this buff out?

Couldn't decide what I should title this thread but I guess I am posting here because this is the group who can understand my pain at a different level.

My family was rear ended this afternoon and while all seem ok other than shaken up - my rear bumper etc look a bit worse.

A moment of silence or will this buff out?-imageuploadedbyagonline1448509731-097951-jpg

Gonna go through the insurance process. Should I ask for certain things - parts, paint, process?

Anyway another reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A moment of silence or will this buff out?

Just make sure your rental gets paid for and they use oem parts. Always remember you can take you car to any shop of your choosing. If you want you could upload the repair order and I can check for any shortcuts. Cars can be replaced, people can't. Glad everyone is ok!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7PaintGuns View Post
    Just make sure your rental gets paid for and they use oem parts. Always remember you can take you car to any shop of your choosing. If you want you could upload the repair order and I can check for any shortcuts. Cars can be replaced, people can't. Glad everyone is ok!

Thanks. Will do.

Post Thanks / Like

That might need a good wet sanding..

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Find a good paint shop, ask around. (I failed at this, the recommended shop was backed up 4 months. I went with a Porsche/Audi/VW Factory certified shop that was only 3 weeks backed up. I should have waited to save myself frustration.)

OEM parts only. (I asked to see the invoice for the parts used on my repair to insure it was OEM)

Refuse to accept anything less than perfect. (I refused to accept my Touareg 5x as I felt they could have done better work since they were a factory certified shop)

Tell them what you want and what you expect from the beginning. Communication is key.

Know the in-outs of your insurance policy beforehand. My insurance policy permitted for an $99/day reimbursement for rental. Enterprise tried to stuff me in a little Hyundai saying my policy only covered $29/day. You have to be prepared at all steps of the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: A moment of silence or will this buff out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Tell them what you want and what you expect from the beginning. Communication is key.

Know the in-outs of your insurance policy beforehand. My insurance policy permitted for an $99/day reimbursement for rental. Enterprise tried to stuff me in a little Hyundai saying my policy only covered $29/day. You have to be prepared at all steps of the process.
    Very good advice. He was hit so its THEIR insurance not his. Make their insurance pay for your rental. Your collision center should take care of all of this for you. You can also ask to see the completed vehicles at the shop and inspect them before you even give them your keys. Like I said you were hit. You shouldn't have to do anything and make sure they know that! If you feel as if you are being treated unfairly contact you insurance adjuster and you can always send me a PM. I deal with agents and adjusters on a daily/weekly basis. If any one here has a problem with collision repair especially concerning an insurance company problem and getting a proper repair I am always available to help. I've learned so much here in such a short time I'm always willing give back what I've received.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good advice. He was hit so its THEIR insurance not his. Make their insurance pay for your rental. Your collision center should take care of all of this for you. You can also ask to see the completed vehicles at the shop and inspect them before you even give them your keys. Like I said you were hit. You shouldn't have to do anything and make sure they know that! If you feel as if you are being treated unfairly contact you insurance adjuster and you can always send me a PM. I deal with agents and adjusters on a daily/weekly basis. If any one here has a problem with collision repair especially concerning an insurance company problem and getting a proper repair I am always available to help. I've learned so much here in such a short time I'm always willing give back what I've received.

Very generous of you! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Find a good paint shop, ask around. (I failed at this, the recommended shop was backed up 4 months. I went with a Porsche/Audi/VW Factory certified shop that was only 3 weeks backed up. I should have waited to save myself frustration.)

OEM parts only. (I asked to see the invoice for the parts used on my repair to insure it was OEM)

Refuse to accept anything less than perfect. (I refused to accept my Touareg 5x as I felt they could have done better work since they were a factory certified shop)

Thank you. They mentioned something about equal size and functions but at $25/day. I will make sure it is on the other guy's insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boejoula View Post
    That might need a good wet sanding..

Indeed and PDR! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast