autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Compound/Polish advice

So I'm looking to start my own mobile detailing business this coming spring. I plan on using a flex with the factory baseplate until I am used to the new chemicals. My question is, what compounds and polishes work well with the flex 4301 and what pads should I look into for the factory 6 in plate?

Some background information on me; I've been detailing for 10 years. I'm OK with a rotary but use the flex 3401 daily with Meguires ultra cut 105 on 6 as a first step and Auto Magic BC-2 on 3 as a second/final step (this is not my choice and why I want to move on to my own thing). I always clay bar the paint and then wipe it down with paint thinner prior to buffing. The paint actually comes out pretty good but I know I could do better with the right combo and time (which I have no control over at work).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compound/Polish advice

Lake Country 6" thin pads.

Griots BOSS polishes are very good.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

For mobile detailing,the pinnacle compound and polish work great outdoors.Blackfire src and the polish as well.105 may give you problems down here in hot south fla 105 is impossible to use you will learn and adapt to the chemicals in your region.glass cleaner will be a promblem so I suggest stoners or the Meg's if you like it.automagic works great especially bc1 and 2 but there not quality products more of a filler type.i would refrain using paint thinner on paint outdoors,maybe use a body solvent instead or nothing a good claying will suffice good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber compound is the best compound I've used. I'd suggest giving it a try. The working time is incredible and there's barely any dusting. It just works great!

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna FG400, PF2500, and SF4000 work really well with all machines, but are an excellent combination with the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Menzerna FG400, PF2500, and SF4000 work really well with all machines, but are an excellent combination with the 3401.
    Menzerna products are great but can be very finicky outdoors and even worse in high temps .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    Wolfgang Uber compound is the best compound I've used. I'd suggest giving it a try. The working time is incredible and there's barely any dusting. It just works great!

Is the über the same as FG400, I still got plenty of dusting with FG400. Most compounds dust to some degree
    www.ksdetailing.com
    Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram @ksdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    For mobile detailing,the pinnacle compound and polish work great outdoors.Blackfire src and the polish as well.105 may give you problems down here in hot south fla 105 is impossible to use you will learn and adapt to the chemicals in your region.glass cleaner will be a promblem so I suggest stoners or the Meg's if you like it.automagic works great especially bc1 and 2 but there not quality products more of a filler type.i would refrain using paint thinner on paint outdoors,maybe use a body solvent instead or nothing a good claying will suffice good luck to you.
    I'm in NJ and use the 105 all year round. I do notice being a PITA during the summer months but have learned to work with it. I have tried it in the sun light and it's useless. I was looking at the blackfire black wax and really want to try that out on some cars so maybe I'll grab some of their compound and polish, too. The BC-2 is the only Auto Magic product I like. I guess I'll really just have to try a few different things until I find what works best for me. As for the laquer thinner(not paint thinner, that was a mistake on my part), I was thinking of using the CarPro eraser but for the price IPA might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    This is what I've been reading and would really like to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Menzerna products are great but can be very finicky outdoors and even worse in high temps .
    Well, they were better for me than M105!

I've found them to be very forgiving, but I'm up in the Metro Detroit area of Michigan. It can get brutal, but not like it does in other regions. Especially when talking about FG400, and PF2500. The SF4000 didn't seem to like the direct sunlight, but it still worked well, but I switched to M205 to complete the job on that particular day. I also like the Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish when working outside.

Darren Priest of Auto Fetish Detail seems to like the Menzerna for his mobile business as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04Golf View Post
    Most compounds dust to some degree
    Griots Fast Correct Cream dusts very little, if any at all.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast