autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Best car glass cleaner?

Hey everyone, i have never really cleaned my cars windows with a proper glass cleaner and that is my next goal. So my question is, which is the best ammonia free glass cleaner out there for cars? The products iv'e been looking at are the Armor All glass cleaner and the Meguiars perfect clarity and the Rain X. The problem is i have read very mixed reviews on all three of these products and would like to know your views on these products and i would also like to know what you use. Last thing, are the armor all glass wipes any good? Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Best car glass cleaner?

To be honest, if I were you I'd try the Armor All glass cleaner out of those 3 choices. Reason being is I've heard surprisingly great reviews of it from reliable sources who know what they're talking about. [i.e. Darren from Auto Fetish]
    Plus it can be easily found at just about any auto parts store etc.

I've used Rain X before, and for me it turned out to be a regretful purchase. Left a nasty haze on the glass and worst of all I hadn't noticed it was only for use on exterior glass only. Maybe they make different varieties, but that bottle is in the garage somewhere. It outta be in the trash. Lol.

I personally use Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate which works better than any glass cleaner I've used before it. However you may not be ready to invest in a concentrate that'll yield 11 gallons of glass cleaner. Even though it can be had for less than $20, for most people that's just way overkill. Lol.

1 small tip: invest in a good sized decent quality waffle weave microfiber towel to use only for your glass cleaning. I have a 24x46" towel that can be flipped many times to a clean side. 1 for cleaning, 1 for drying. You'll clean your glass like never before

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best car glass cleaner?

I agree the megs glass cleaner is great also denatured alcohol, but more important as stated are CLEAN glass towels.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

I like Sprayway but use Meg's since I have so much. As said, the key to clean glass is 2 clean mf towels. I find the no nap (like found on edgeless types) or waffle weave work best for me.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Stoners Invisible Glass has always been my fall back product. Tried a lot of options, but Stoners just works.

Stoner Invisible Glass Pump Spray: Non-aerosol formula cleans automotive glass to crystal clarity! clean glass, windshield cleaner, window cleaner,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Stoners Invisible Glass has always been my fall back product. Tried a lot of options, but Stoners just works.

Stoner Invisible Glass Pump Spray: Non-aerosol formula cleans automotive glass to crystal clarity! clean glass, windshield cleaner, window cleaner,
    I agree
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Stoners. Available everywhere.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use Optimum No Rinse and Shine. If I don't have ONR, I like Stoner's Invisible Glass aerosol as I find the application works better for me than the spray bottle.

Dittos on using a decent MF towel. It also helps to not wear polarizing sunglasses as they hide smearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Stoner's here also.

Meguiar's Perfect Clarity is a good choice, but I've found that Stoner's does a better job (for me) on the inside of the windshield.

As for AA...does a GREAT job on my eye glasses, but have never been happy using it on auto glass.

Just my 2¢...

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to own a mirror company and the cleaner we used used was 50% Isopropol alcohol and 50& water. Wipe dry with a clean towel. If your windshield seems to have embedded dirt you can try using a Mr. Clean sponge and follow with a glass polish and finish with a glass sealant. That should keep clean for a while.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast