autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Man talk about under charging

Man I do not know how people can charge that little of an amout. Lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man talk about under charging-1447256525050-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Man talk about under charging

Woah
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I see this all the time on cl,maybe there just trying to survive life on a day by day basis or drug promblem convicted felon can't get a job anywhere ,maybe 100 a day will suffice if they get 2 vehicles a day,better working somewhere else for 8.00 and hr.He or she may need flexibility I don't know what the low cost motives are is it a teaser rate,then he up sells .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Man I do not know how people can charge that little of an amout. Lol
    It is the problem I see alot in the industry as a hobbyist even. That guy charges 45 dollars so everyone that goes over that is too expensive. You need to charge to earn money, no matter what. I did a jeep for a friend in about 4.5 hours. Hypothetically If I charged 30 an hour, it would be about 130 dollars for the work preformed.

Think of it like contracting. Would you want a service charging 45 dollars to do that to a place of residence?
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And these are the guys that make customers think if they spend 100 bucks you will spend 17 hours on there car lol.

Heck if there getting all that for 45bucks what can 100$ get you.

The best part is that guys job is more then likely pure crap.

He spends no more then 15 mins "steam cleaning"

And this is why when us honest hard working detailers who spend hours to do the job right. can not possibly charge that. It makes no sense

Post Thanks / Like

Man talk about under charging-imageuploadedbyagonline1447260567-305572-jpg
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember in everything in life; you get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    And these are the guys that make customers think if they spend 100 bucks you will spend 17 hours on there car lol.

Heck if there getting all that for 45bucks what can 100$ get you.

The best part is that guys job is more then likely pure crap.

He spends no more then 15 mins "steam cleaning"

And this is why when us honest hard working detailers who spend hours to do the job right. can not possibly charge that. It makes no sense
    our professionalism is undervalued,and hacks like these guys ruin it.people here think I have a negative approach on subjects,but doing this for so long I can only speak the truth,with mobile detailing which I do,I get tons of rift raf customers I know in 3 minutes or less where there head is at,so I say to myself invest 15 min or abort.In this business you have to try hard as hell to market you're image.Its like any other business but a tinch harder,I posted 3 weeks ago about gender age people from 30 to 40 will have a interest of detailing there car ,but 99 percent of the time the deal falls apart.just continue to do great work be honest and have a professional attitude and the worthy clients will stack up overtime.I remember this lady called she had a 750 bmw brand new ,she wanted it waxed,I get there and the interior was full of dog hair,she wanted me to wax the car and remove the hair for 75.00 now I'm pissed,she said her old detailer would do it for that,I said ok where is he at.she said he now has a fulltime job I slammed the door and said no thank you,she said to me that i shouldn't be rude.she was talking to me in a very condensending way.so in essence you have to be a mind reader and detailer at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have something similar to this around me.... A guy charging $50 for a wash, polish and wax, with wheels and tires as well
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I see this all the time on cl,maybe there just trying to survive life on a day by day basis or drug promblem convicted felon can't get a job anywhere ,maybe 100 a day will suffice if they get 2 vehicles a day,better working somewhere else for 8.00 and hr.He or she may need flexibility I don't know what the low cost motives are is it a teaser rate,then he up sells .
    Yep...probably something along these lines. Could be a young person 16-19 years old. Goes to Walmart and buys the least expensive soap and wax. Uses some of mom's old bath towels and other rags. Borrows dad's rarely used Harbor Freight portable steamer and shop vac. Fours hours worth of work, including drive time, and he's making a $12.50 per hour. Better than flipping burgers and a good way to start building a clientele. Bottom line, though, is the work being done is very basic and that's all some folks want when it comes to cleaning their vehicles. There is simply no comparison here to what a quality detail job involves or looks like and most folks simply do not realize that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast