autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Armor all wax and polish vs wash and wax?

hi all, i cant decide if its a good idea to use armor all wash and wax and then use armor all wax and polish. Will the wax and polish get rid of the wash and wax wax layer? thanks for any answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Armor all wax and polish vs wash and wax?

There's really no substantial "LAYER" left behind from a wash & wax type product, especially a consumer grade product like Armor All.

So to answer your question, you should be fine using both products mentioned.

I would also recommend using a dedicated polish and then a dedicated wax or sealant, rather than an "All-In-One" type product mentioned above. However, there are quality AIO type products found at AG such as HD Speed or Menzerna 3in1.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok then thanks for the answer. So should i really be sticking to meguiars like products only?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terranoboy View Post
    Ok then thanks for the answer. So should i really be sticking to meguiars like products only?
    They're much much better.

OTC, you can never go wrong with Meguiar's, Mother's, and Duragloss. They're OTC options are pretty much as good as anything else although I will say that Meguiar's abrasives like Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish are the only OTC options I'd use.

Armor All is much less effective on every level.

I would have no issues if all I had to use was Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner and Meguiar's Ultimate Paste/Liquid Wax . Pretty much as good as a lot of other sealants in fact I've seen UPW last at least 8 months.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I felt like this deserves a separate post

We bash Armor All a lot and act like it will interact with our car like Holy Water on Lucifer. While they're "protectant" does the opposite and actually damages surfaces, the rest of their products are just not as good as Mother's, Meguiar's, and Duragloss and that is the true reason we don't use their shampoo, cleaners, and waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

ok haha it sounds like i should really be avoiding armor all then. and yes i have heard about there horrible "original protectant" product and also the greasy feel it leaves behind. Its just meguiars and mothers are so expensive! i guess there worth the extra dollars. cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Armor all tire shine works pretty good in my opinion, I've never really used anything else to be honest though so maybe I'm just really missing out. This is after a month maybe even longer since I cleaned these tires and applied the tire shine!

Armor all wax and polish vs wash and wax?-imageuploadedbyagonline1447205863-360909-jpgArmor all wax and polish vs wash and wax?-imageuploadedbyagonline1447205880-402131-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ok haha it sounds like i should really be avoiding armor all then. and yes i have heard about there horrible "original protectant" product and also the greasy feel it leaves behind. Its just meguiars and mothers are so expensive! i guess there worth the extra dollars. cheers.
    Go ahead and look through Autogeek's store and you'll see it's relative.

Those waxes last a LONG time. You use VERY LITTLE product and the product lasts a long time. I don't think I'll ever use my bottle of Collinite up before I die. Maybe my grandson (when I have him since I'm only 20 now) will get to finish the bottle.

I have a bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant and I've done at least 15 cars and it's not close to empty.

Post Thanks / Like

That tire does look great man! Yea that sounds like some good wax if you reckon the bottle will last that long lol. might check that stuff out because thats good value if it lasts. Ive also got my eye on the meguiars ultimate quick spray wax. any views/ opinions on that product? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

That tire does look great man! Yea that sounds like some good wax if you reckon the bottle will last that long lol. might check that stuff out because thats good value if it lasts. Ive also got my eye on the meguiars ultimate quick spray wax. any views/ opinions on that product? thanks.
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax and Ultimate Quik Detailer are incredible! Easy to use, great results and smell wonderful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast