autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need a leather cleaner but there are too many options

I feel I am pretty much set in my arsenal of supplies other than leather care. I have used Chem guys (did not like really) and lexol in the orange bottle (better but not that strong) Any ones I should look at that is not expensive? I will be working with Nirvana leather in an explorer platnium soon and more brands of manufacturers if that helps
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a leather cleaner but there are too many options

I use Pinnacle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    I use Pinnacle.
    Good to know. I know AG brands are quality,but there are alot of options. Lexol does a decent job. I feel Maybe I should keep looking but those are an option. I heard sonax leather foam is good.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

I had good luck with the Wolfgang leather cleaner and leather conditioner using a soft brush to work the cleaner in and then wipe with mf towel and follow with the conditioner.

The cleaner gets a nice little foam as you agitate it and it seems to pull a lot of dirt out. You just have to make sure to wipe it up with a mf towel before the cleaner and dirt dry right back on top.

Now I'm using leatherique and that's been the best for me but also a lot of work and not cheap either.

Post Thanks / Like

Need a leather cleaner but there are too many options

Need a leather cleaner but there are too many options-imageuploadedbyagonline1446931206-810524-jpg

This was a 2000 corvette that I did with the Wolfgang products. Only picture of a job I have on my cell phone. Just a 50/50

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing fancy but I have been using Collinite 885.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I too have been on a quest to find a good leather cleaner, and agree that it seems ther are endless options. Have not found a favorite yet, have some more on the way after the recent AG sale, but here are my thoughts on what I have used. For all products I used a soft bristle raceglaze brush and a swissvax brush, wiped off with MF towels initially.

CG leather cleaner. Diluted per the bottle. Was easy to use, foamed up a bit. Wiped off fairly clean, but left the surface tacky. Required a couple follow up wipe downs with a damp terry cloth towel and then buff dry. Too much effort. Abandoned this one.

Duragloss leather cleaner. Nice product, but also left slightly tacky surface that required going over with damp terry towel, but only once. Came off cleaner than CG.

OPC. Diluted about 7:1. Dampened seats with a mist of water first, then sprayed OPC in small area and agitated. Very strong cleaner, even at that dilution. Still went over it with damp towel afterwards. This is process I would use on seats that have not been cleaned in a long time.

Ultima interior gel. My favorite in that after a MF wipe, seats felt smooth and clean. No residue. One odd thing in my experience with this product. While agitating, the product dries out very quickly. I now agitate in about a 6" square area at most, and saturate the brush before agitating. I normally spray the brush with all products and immediately wipe the area that I misted from the cleaner to avoid runs of product on the leather. Great results from this product, but a little more picky to use, great scent. Might be the warm dry climate here in SoCal. Wondering if others have experienced this.

Seats are black BMW Dakota leather. Next up will be Sonus that is on the way, then maybe leathermasters, then maybe leather Doctor. Until of course I find the one that vanquishes all others and I can quit buying products that get only a couple uses.

Leather Protestants/coatings, now that is another ongoing quest.

Oh, also, leatherique. Totally involved and time consuming process. Amazing results on my last car as it got older and seats experienced more wear. Current car is much newer, and leatherique didn't show the same kind of result. Excellent smell though. There are lots of opinions and threads about the usefulness of something like leatherique on newer coated leather seats, which topic is a bear that I don't want to poke with a stick here. But my experience with it on this car wasn't worth the effort required at present.

Post Thanks / Like

This may not be "popular" but I deep clean leather with 1z plastic cleaner followed by a good conditioner from a competitor.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner works wonders on leather seats in really bad shape.

I recently got Mother's Leather Cleaner below and actually was very impressed with it. It's a 2 in 1 product but yielded good results IMO.
    Mothers Reflections Advanced Leather Care cleans, conditions and protects with a pH-balanced formula. Mothers Advanced Leather Care is safe on fine

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast