autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dryice blasting!!!

Has anybody tried dryice blasting for detailing cars professionally?
    I am not a professional detailer nor a dryice salesman lol... but I do love cleaning my car and I think this tool is a miracle worker.
    I've seen some videos on YouTube people cleaning their cars with it but didn't see one on a professional level
    The machine doesn't costs as much as all the tools a detailer needs combined to clean a car like the brushes,soaps,steamers extractors etc....
    You can clean any thing with it from interior seats to engine bay. You just point and shoot and it does the job in seconds. No soaking, agitating rinsing etc. It's versatile and safe too. It can be aggressive and strip paint if u want it to be or you can gently clean your ecu's motherboard with it.
    What do you guys think? Genius or what

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dryice blasting!!!

Please provide some additional information on the purchase price of the unit as well as the cost of the dry ice

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Dalton started using it more than 4 years ago:

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather the traditional way soap and water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    +1 ^^
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I have personally seen it used on was mold infested house. All the drywall and insulation was removed and then all the wood and electrical wiring and plumbing pipes were cleaned with the powdered dry ice.

After an amazingly short time every trace of mold was removed and the residue (the stuff knocked off the surfaces) was vacuumed up and the rebuild on the house started.

Insurance had to pay for everything and it was not cheap. But they ended up with a safe, essentially brand new house.

After seeing how much surface material was blasted off I can't imagine using it on a shiny painted surface. Unless you were stripping the car for a repaint.

Maybe there is a much gentler type for lesser cleaning purposes. I sure would not let someone loose on any of my cars until I saw it demoed on a test panel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    Please provide some additional information on the purchase price of the unit as well as the cost of the dry ice
    The machine used to be expensive from what I've read but now you can get it as low s 2500$ now or even rent one.
    Dry ice is like 5 bucks for 10lbs or so. I think It depends on location tho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Totally agree with you but let me ask you this. How long does it take to thoroughly clean a wheel and tire? 3 min? average. it usually goes like this, you rinse it with water and remove any loose dirt then you take out your soap and brush usually two different ones for tyre and rim and start rubbing and brushing till you are satisfied then you rinse again, then you take your towel and dry. Thats the average job required for a normal dust and road grime on our wheels right? If it has been in a mud well it takes longrer and requires more scrubbing. You get my point. But with this machine it doesn't matter if uve just popped back from a Baja rally or how much dirt is on it, It is gone with less than a minute . And it does it well, I mean on a microscopic level.No multi step no changing tools no drying. Now if you are a professional detailer who does multiple cars a day saving 2/3 of your time is huge. I hope you get what I mean here. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    The only thing I have personally seen it used on was mold infested house. All the drywall and insulation was removed and then all the wood and electrical wiring and plumbing pipes were cleaned with the powdered dry ice.

After an amazingly short time every trace of mold was removed and the residue (the stuff knocked off the surfaces) was vacuumed up and the rebuild on the house started.

Insurance had to pay for everything and it was not cheap. But they ended up with a safe, essentially brand new house.

After seeing how much surface material was blasted off I can't imagine using it on a shiny painted surface. Unless you were stripping the car for a repaint.

Maybe there is a much gentler type for lesser cleaning purposes. I sure would not let someone loose on any of my cars until I saw it demoed on a test panel
    Check this out oldmodman.
    m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSz_3Bizyo

Post Thanks / Like

The requirements are way out of my league. 35 cfm at 90 psi of refrigerant-dried air?
    Francesco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast