autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 105 applying and cure time

Since I don't own a machine, can I apply duragloss 105 by hand with a microfiber applicator pad going through the whole car first before buffing it out with a microfiber towel? Does duragloss 105 have a cure time? What happens if the car get's dust or debris from parked under a tree, I don't have access to a garage. I've heard of the bonding agent that can be used with 105, how much quicker will it cure when the combo is used? How is the durability? When I do a regular wash twice a year (spring and fall), do I have to clay and reapply 105 again? Thank you!

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss 105 applying and cure time

" One Step Wax - Recommended for all vehicles. Contains additional cleaning properties to remove mild oxidation and light surface scratches.

Step Saver Tip - Blend 4 parts #105 to 1 part 601, Polish Bonding Agent for added durability and gloss. Accelerates the curing process for instant bonding. Apply within 2 hours after mixing for maximum results."

https://www.duragloss.com/16-oz.-Dur...ance-Polish%29

Post Thanks / Like

I mix it with 601 and usually do 2 panels at a time, then wipe. I get at least a good 4-5 months with good prep.

Post Thanks / Like

I have all the DG products and I apply them to the entire car and then remove. I've never had an issue doing it like this and the addition of #601 to the mix of any DG product will add longevity and give you the ability to layer right away.

As far as reapplying every 6 monthes goes, well, you need to clay or clay towel before applying for sure! I would also suggest using DG RW to keep the car clean and apply their Aquawax once a month, stuff is just incredible!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really a hardcore detailing enthusiast, but I like to keep my car's paint in excellent condition and reading about detailing in general is really exciting. Since the 12+ hour cure time with duragloss 105 isn't really an option, I have to premix it with #601. It looks like 105 doesn't offer any UV protection and I would like more gloss and shine. Are there any finishing waxes that offer superior mirror shine and gloss along with UV protection that can be applied on top of 105? How long is the shelf life of 105 and 601?

Post Thanks / Like

If you premix with DG601, you can top 105 immediately. I've used a number of waxes over the 105/601 combo, including DG111, Collinite 845,476 and 915, all with excellent results. You'll be impressed with the shine provided by all of the above and six months of durability is not a problem. Another worthwhile DG product is DG501. Sold as a marine product, it's a great cleaner wax with a fair amount of durability on its own. I live in Western PA and use DG501/601, topped by 105/601, then one of the Collinites and get thru an entire PA winter on a Black DD that stays outside 24/7.
    Here's my DD after a cleanup last April. As you can see, there's still snow on the ground and it hadn't been waxed since the previous November.

I can't speak with authority on DG's UV protection, but if you're concerned, you can always make a pass with Optimum's Spray Wax every few months. Opt's products are known for their UV protection qualities.

Bill