autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Rupes Polisher AMMONYC

It's been a while, but, I seem to remember Johnny Depp has a 51 Merc also. It's nice to see the old ones and not another tri-5 Chevy. My dad also said he thought his '51 Buick was the best car he ever bought. I wish I could have got him another before he died. Keep on rockin it old school Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    Awesome info Todd.

I cant wait for the release. After watching Larry's video, the quick assembly of the Mark II showed that not much has changed on the 21 aside from the internal components.

If this is the case, I wonder if we can send in our current 21 machines for an "upgrade". Is this an option or am I off base here?

You don't have to answer now, I will wait until all information of the MK II is released. Just a thought.

I love this idea. Hopefully that is an option. Would save me the headache of trying to sell my 15 on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI:
    Electricity is measured in terms of amperage, voltage, and wattage. Amperage (amps for short) is a measure of the AMOUNT of electricity used. Voltage (volts) measures the pressure, or FORCE, of electricity. The amps multiplied by the volts gives you the wattage (watts), a measure of the WORK that electricity does per second.

Think of it this way: Electricity flowing through a wire is like water flowing through a garden hose. The amount of water that can fit through the hose depends on the diameter of the hose (amps). The pressure of the water depends on how far open the faucet is (volts). The amount of work that can be done (watts) depends on both the amount and the pressure of the water (volts x amps = watts).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    Awesome info Todd.

I cant wait for the release. After watching Larry's video, the quick assembly of the Mark II showed that not much has changed on the 21 aside from the internal components.

If this is the case, I wonder if we can send in our current 21 machines for an "upgrade". Is this an option or am I off base here?

You don't have to answer now, I will wait until all information of the MK II is released. Just a thought.
    I don't think that idea would be economically viable. Twice the labor and the new parts cost.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Some words I think of are:
    Round-trip air fare; emolument; perquisite; marketing.

Bob
    Lmao

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some words I think of are:
    Round-trip air fare; emolument; perquisite; marketing.

Bob
    Its a smart idea by them, I feel Jason Rose was a big part of it as him and Larry are buddies.

Larry gets millions of views on YouTube and what better way then to give him a machine.

And especially now Larry will have too shout then out every now and again because of the trip and the machine.

So excellent marketing by them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    FYI:
    Electricity is measured in terms of amperage, voltage, and wattage. Amperage (amps for short) is a measure of the AMOUNT of electricity used. Voltage (volts) measures the pressure, or FORCE, of electricity. The amps multiplied by the volts gives you the wattage (watts), a measure of the WORK that electricity does per second.

Think of it this way: Electricity flowing through a wire is like water flowing through a garden hose. The amount of water that can fit through the hose depends on the diameter of the hose (amps). The pressure of the water depends on how far open the faucet is (volts). The amount of work that can be done (watts) depends on both the amount and the pressure of the water (volts x amps = watts).
    •Yes...but...(for comparison's sake):
    -Should/Shouldn't watts be converted
    into units-of-work?
    -What's the difference, if any,
    between joule(s) and erg(s)?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

is it possible to create a group buy for the Mark II?

i have been using my friend's PC. It's time to get my own.

Post Thanks / Like

•Yes...but...(for comparison's sake):
    -Should/Shouldn't watts be converted
    into units-of-work?
    -What's the difference, if any,
    between joule(s) and erg(s)?

Bob
    Amps is the energy entering the tool, and defines the potential work the motor could maybe do... but not really...

First is efficiency... If the motor is sucking a lot of power but producing little output (relative to input) than it will tend to run very warm to hot. If the motor is converting all of the input into output (torque) the motor will tend to run cool.

RUPES makes our own motors and specifies everything from the gauge of the windings to the exact metallurgy of the wires. It would have been cheaper for us to use a less efficient, higher input motor but user comfort was a key design objective of the original BigFoots (BigFeet ). It had to run cool.

Second is that input depends on load. For example, if you take one tool at zero load, the wattage will be very low. If you increase the load by increasing friction, the watt rating will increase as motor requires more power to overcome the increased load. So how do you rate the tool? There is no standard.

Let's say we lock the spindle with a wrench and run the tool. The wattage will spike through the roof. Again, is this number accurate.

You can measure the efficiency by comparing the load on the tools and testing how much power the motor is drawing. You can increase the load to see which tool bogs first and continue to increase load to see which continues to draw more power.

I am confident that the new tools will not only blow people away with the power that they produce (torque to the paint) but how little power they suck off the grid and how cool they run, hours on end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Insert post# 39 here:

^^^That's all good and well^^^

However, IMO:
    It still begs the question(s):

Should/Shouldn't there be a work-units
    conversion...for comparison's sake...between the
    two "Brands" of polishers discussed in this thread?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast