autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed - usage

I searched a lot on here about AIO's and HD Speed specifically. Great help !

Just got a bottle recently from AG and have a few questions.

I'm using a DA polisher (HF). The ease of use is definitely a + ! Correction was acceptable and gloss is good. Will see about protection but not expecting more than a month or so at most with no protecton added.

I did speak with 3D rep. just now but still have some ?'s, so I can learn more and optimize my work....... yes, I realize some of this is just preference and also that in some/many cases AIO's are AIO's and I shouldn't overthink it.

1) No priming pad, right ? Rep said 5-6 pea-sized drops to start with and "less" from then on. I used 4 pea-sized drops then 3 afterwards. What do you use ?

2) How big of a section are you working ? I know that depends on a lot of things but with Speed's work time I tried going as large an area as half a hood on an '07 Camry. Made 6 section passes, with the last 2 being at very little/no pressure.

3) Are you leaving the product on and not wiping any off until the entire car is finished so the wax/sealant will bond longer ? I did hood, roof, C pillars and trunk before removing anything and it seemed to work fine.

4) Reuage - I did not get pads completely clean and I likely set the stain. Do these pads need to be used exclusively for Speed from now on or would you use them for anything, i.e. using M105/205 ? There's a pink/rose tint to the pads, especially the white one.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed - usage

Would be interested in hearing feedback on his questions as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I prime with XMT pad conditioner spritz, about 3' x3' section, leave it on hood till done with roof, leave it on roof till done with trunk etc etc. You can't get a white pad back no matter what. If u cleaned it well it is useable with different products after yes.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

1) I use a spirits of clay lube/Qd on the pad followed by 5 drops 4 around edges and one center. Followed by 4 drops for each section.

2) I do 2'x 2' sections with 2 heavy/2 medium/2 light.

3) I leave product on till the end and buff off where I started

Done with Speed in this manner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD Speed - usage-1449884476930-jpg   HD Speed - usage-1449884493861-jpg  
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoTaurus View Post
    1) I use a spirits of clay lube/Qd on the pad followed by 5 drops 4 around edges and one center. Followed by 4 drops for each section.

2) I do 2'x 2' sections with 2 heavy/2 medium/2 light.

3) I leave product on till the end and buff off where I started

Done with Speed in this manner
    as to 1) I do not prime the pad with anything.

I saw easily 2-3 months of protection in the hot Florida summer with Speed, but taking 20 minutes to top it with HD Poxy will add major gloss and major additional protection.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use 6 pea sized drops initially to prime the pad with a mist of water when using white hybrid pads on the Flex 3401. I then follow up with 3-4 drops depending on the vehicle. Speed is very easy to wipe off. I find I can complete an entire vehicle before taking it off and never have I had issues. Here's and example:

I always work inside and paint is room temp. Wouldn't suggest this if you work outside as leaving it on could attract dirt/dust.
    Craig Embro
    KosmetikWerks Pro Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avgguy View Post
    I searched a lot on here about AIO's and HD Speed specifically. Great help !

Just got a bottle recently from AG and have a few questions.

I'm using a DA polisher (HF). The ease of use is definitely a + ! Correction was acceptable and gloss is good. Will see about protection but not expecting more than a month or so at most with no protecton added.

I did speak with 3D rep. just now but still have some ?'s, so I can learn more and optimize my work....... yes, I realize some of this is just preference and also that in some/many cases AIO's are AIO's and I shouldn't overthink it.

1) No priming pad, right ? Rep said 5-6 pea-sized drops to start with and "less" from then on. I used 4 pea-sized drops then 3 afterwards. What do you use ?

2) How big of a section are you working ? I know that depends on a lot of things but with Speed's work time I tried going as large an area as half a hood on an '07 Camry. Made 6 section passes, with the last 2 being at very little/no pressure.

3) Are you leaving the product on and not wiping any off until the entire car is finished so the wax/sealant will bond longer ? I did hood, roof, C pillars and trunk before removing anything and it seemed to work fine.

4) Reuage - I did not get pads completely clean and I likely set the stain. Do these pads need to be used exclusively for Speed from now on or would you use them for anything, i.e. using M105/205 ? There's a pink/rose tint to the pads, especially the white one.

Thanks.
    I just got this product as well. Haven't hD a chance to use it. You say correction is acceptable. Would it be close to adapt? Or if you don't use adapt can you name another product it would be close to as far as amount of correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I just got this product as well. Haven't hD a chance to use it. You say correction is acceptable. Would it be close to adapt? Or if you don't use adapt can you name another product it would be close to as far as amount of correction.
    Will not correct as well as ADAPT.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

It will correct about as effective as 75% HD polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Will not correct as well as ADAPT.
    And on the flip side Adapt doesn't leave any protection behind.

HD Speed is an amazing AIO. I've kicked all my other aio's to the curb. IMHO HD Speed is king of the hill of aio's.

If you want to kick up the correct-ability of Speed go to a more aggressive pad.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast