autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Better than Rain-x?

I use Stoner Invisible Aerosol to clean. Then the Stoner Invisible spray bottle with Rain Repellant. It last for over 6 months for me in Florida. However I think the reason why is I always fill my washer fluid tank with RO/DI water and always clean/wipe my wiper blades with Stoner w/Rain Repellant after every time I wash the truck. My friends always come to fill their windshield wiper tanks at my house. Plus when using the RO/DI water in the tank it does not leave water spots on the hood or roof after using the wipers unless you let your windshield get really dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Tevo glass guard, google it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roguerobot View Post
    I just bought Duragloss Rain Repel, and was very hopeful, as it had good reviews. Rain-x is a pain to apply, and just doesn't last that long.

I tried the Duragloss Rain Repel, and its convenient, being a glass cleaner. It does bead the rain, but it doesn't allow you to drive with the wipers wiping less: the water doesn't stream off the windshield at speed. After the 12 days of rain here in NC, I have reluctantly put Rain-X back on.

Anyone have other suggestions? I don't really want to get to high dollar glass coating, but if they outperform Rain-x and last much longer, I might consider it.
    I recently bought stoners version of rains x its holding uo

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Coming from experience using rain-x (initially good, then got chattering wipers, and came notice how quickly it wore off and ultimately, came to regret ever putting it on my glass in the first place), I've been very impressed with the durability of aquapel. I think the initial water-shedding performance does not quite match the initial performance of rain-x, but what's most important to me is performance after weeks or even months and it seems to really deliver on that! (I'm into it about 2 seasons since my initial treatment, still working as good as when new - water beads shed at > 40mph, and visibility is also improved.).

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is an older thread but has anyone tried Stoner Clean & Repel? It's supposed to be Invisible Glass with it's own rain repellent. Anyone try it? Yay or Nay?

Post Thanks / Like

I went thru one bottle, but didn't buy it again. It does help, but it's not nearly as effective or as durable as a dedicated coating, even the low-end products like Rain-X or Griot's (my personal favorite)

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano View Post
    I know this is an older thread but has anyone tried Stoner Clean & Repel? It's supposed to be Invisible Glass with it's own rain repellent. Anyone try it? Yay or Nay?
    I used it on my wife's car Saturday. Drove through some rain on Sunday, the water did bead up and run off the windshield (doing highway speeds), but still had to use the wipers some.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Chemical Guys Jet Seal and love it on window's. My customers always comment on how much they like it! Easy on, easy off and lasts long.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the fellas at the beginning of this thread. I clean w/ Sprayway (which I love for its ease), and apply Collinite 845. Lasts me about 1 1/2- 2 months depending on rainfall, and the whole process takes about 10 minutes. (Not including 845 drying time. I don't include having two beers in my working time.)

Post Thanks / Like

used Pinnacle BL glass sealant on my windshield this spring. Haven't driven the car much in the rain and getting ready for a 2000 mile road trip. Can't find a lot here specifically on this exact topic. My question is, should i reapply the black label again now and if so should i use the cleaner again first? The initial application I clayed the glass and used the BL surface cleaner prior to the glass sealant. i know its advertised to last a year or so. Just wondering whether to reapply?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast