autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on new polisher - Another thread...

Hey guys - I know this is an extremely popular topic - I know because I have literally spent hours and hours over the last couple of days because I am in the market for a new one. In fact - the next good sale AG has, I plan to pull the trigger!

That said, I am not as much interested in what each does or what technology it uses - I have read quite a bit over the last couple of days and feel fairly comfortable with that part. What I am looking for is advice given my intended uses and situation. I figure you experts could probably do that better than I could since many of you are much more familiar with the actual products.

So what do I want to do with it? Well for starters, I am not new to detailing, but it has been nearly a decade since I have done any real detailing with a DA. For years I had only black cars. In fact, I recently pulled out my PC7424 that has been in the box since the last time I used it almost a decade ago. Still looks brand new and works perfect (I am retentive). I do not intend to do this as a business but rather on my own vehicles and potentially some family and friends. My cars are now mostly white because they are easier to take care of, with the exception of the new blue Sierra 1500 Denali I just bought. Which is what has led me back to detailing

So why do I want a new polisher? As most already know and what my reading has certainly proven, the PC is great, but lacks power. We keep our vehicles for a long time and so do my family members. Additionally, I am a very busy guy who does not have as much time as I would like to detail my vehicles. To top it off, I am not as young as I once was - so time saving and ease of use mean a lot to me!

Finally, though I am not the kind of guy that needs to have the latest and greatest widget, I hate paying twice! What I mean is that I would rather get something better and above what I need - if there is even a chance I would need it later. I hate paying to upgrade - it almost never works out for me - and I end up paying double.

I am leaning towards the new GG Boss - having read ALL 26 pages of the thread, I was pretty intrigued. I have also considered the Flex, but don't know why I would choose that over the Boss. I am pretty comfortable using a DA as far as control and pressure goes. So that's my story - what do you guys think I should get? Thanks as always for the tremendous support everyone on these forums has shown.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on new polisher - Another thread...

Subscribed.

Post Thanks / Like

sema is right around the corner, I'm sure there is going to be a good choice or two...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the Boss 21 System. It's a great tool and system.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Advice on new polisher - Another thread...-imageuploadedbyagonline1442621012-530347-jpg
    boss g15

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM Toro.

Post Thanks / Like

if you're looking for a large throw DA right now, I would definitely go with the G15 and/or G21. besides the polishers themselves, griot's customer service is top notch!
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing you may want to consider, is want vs need. If you want a new polisher, then by all means - go for it!

That being said, in the past decade there have been advancements in both abrasive, and pad technology that could yield better results from your current machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The first thing you may want to consider, is want vs need. If you want a new polisher, then by all means - go for it!

That being said, in the past decade there have been advancements in both abrasive, and pad technology that could yield better results from your current machine.
    Very true! It's one of the biggest reasons I ordered and received the HD products (Polish, Speed, and Poxy) which I intend to try out this weekend on my PC. I also purchased some 5.5 pads by LC (and backing plate). I'll probably start with the white pad and the HDSpeed first - given that the truck is brand new with very minimal marks. That said, I am not sure if GM paint is hard or soft so I guess I'll have to play it by ear! Will be interesting to see how the combo works.

Still looking to upgrade though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toro1966 View Post
    Very true! It's one of the biggest reasons I ordered and received the HD products (Polish, Speed, and Poxy) which I intend to try out this weekend on my PC. I also purchased some 5.5 pads by LC (and backing plate). I'll probably start with the white pad and the HDSpeed first - given that the truck is brand new with very minimal marks. That said, I am not sure if GM paint is hard or soft so I guess I'll have to play it by ear! Will be interesting to see how the combo works.

Still looking to upgrade though!
    That sounds good already!

Another option your machine gives you is the opportunity to use a smaller backing plate and pads to get into smaller areas.

If you end up with the GG15, you can keep the smaller plate on the PC, and rock the GG15 on the larger panels - which I'm sure it will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast