autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Cleaner Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Toro1966 View Post
    That sounds very promising. Is it pretty safe? I just don't want to screw up the paint if I get any overspray on it.
    No worries, I use on occasion to remove tar, road grease, and any other stubborn substances from paint/clear coat before claying.

NEVER any issues!

I think you may be overthinking this, as I use to do myself. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGXP View Post
    No worries, I use on occasion to remove tar, road grease, and any other stubborn substances from paint/clear coat before claying.

NEVER any issues!

I think you may be overthinking this, as I use to do myself. Lol
    Lol - you are probably right! I tend to do that a lot. mainly because I hate wasting money, ha ha. I don't seem to have a problem spending it though... Another problem I have is that most of these products are only available mail order because my local auto paint store doesn't really carry most of them and it's also not open Saturdays...which is a problem since I work a lot! Thanks again for all of the great tips!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol - you are probably right! I tend to do that a lot. mainly because I hate wasting money, ha ha. I don't seem to have a problem spending it though... Another problem I have is that most of these products are only available mail order because my local auto paint store doesn't really carry most of them and it's also not open Saturdays...which is a problem since I work a lot! Thanks again for all of the great tips!
    No problem! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Bleache White has been and is my choice for cleaning tires. I have a thread for a tire coating battle and you can clearly see how good it works upon just spraying it on the tire after running the vehicle through a carwash.

Now I will say that Optimum Power Clean AKA Alien Kleen is another fine choice but does cost more but you can and should dilute it to 3:1 or even 4:1 for tire cleaning duty, is still economical IMO.

In closing the sprayer is important to proper tire cleaning, foaming sprayer breaks it down best!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishyX View Post
    I've actually been using a tire cleaner from Dollar Tree. Seems to work just fine and the price is right. Been using their degreaser too.

Ditto. I use LA to clean my tires. I enjoy watching it turn brown as I agitate it with my tire brush. After a rinse they are squeaky clean and ready for CG VRP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt350 View Post
    Ditto. I use LA to clean my tires. I enjoy watching it turn brown as I agitate it with my tire brush. After a rinse they are squeaky clean and ready for CG VRP.
    I also use LATA on our tires. Works well and can't go wrong at $4 a gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys - going to have to try something new. Tried using my normal Bleche-White, but it sucks. It used to be great, but ever since it changed formula years ago, it just won't take old dressing off. I sprayed it on and it barely lathered and didn't even take the old dressing off.

Does the LA tire stuff take the old dressing off?

Post Thanks / Like

I just started using Mother's Foaming tire cleaner. It's on the pricey side at about 8 or 9 dollars but it foams up really nice, I always use a brush. My only gripe about it is the price and it seems to be really greasy. I'm afraid I'll have to keep buying it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys - going to have to try something new. Tried using my normal Bleche-White, but it sucks. It used to be great, but ever since it changed formula years ago, it just won't take old dressing off. I sprayed it on and it barely lathered and didn't even take the old dressing off.

Does the LA tire stuff take the old dressing off?

Oh yes. LA will leave the tire very clean. And it's only $1 ... I also use it inside the wheels wells. Do not use it on rims, or hubcaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt350 View Post
    Oh yes. LA will leave the tire very clean. And it's only $1 ... I also use it inside the wheels wells. Do not use it on rims, or hubcaps.
    Where do you get it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast