autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Touch - Mixing Help

Hey guys - bought some HD Touch which I intend to use for a variety of things - Clay lube, Waterless wash, and quick detailing as required.

My question is do I use it undilluted full strength for all of those purposes or do I dillute it? If so, what ratio? I ask because the jug doesn't say anything about dilluting which would lead me to believe it needs to be used full strength. Just want to make sure before I use it. Thanks!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Touch - Mixing Help

I've used HD Touch as a quick detailer and waterless wash, but never a clay lube. I would personally feel comfortable using it diluted 1:1 as a clay lube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I've used HD Touch as a quick detailer and waterless wash, but never a clay lube. I would personally feel comfortable using it diluted 1:1 as a clay lube.
    Thanks Nick! So does that mean as a waterlesswatch and quick detailer you use it undilluted - full strength?

Also - I have some Meguiars final inspection and also some Griots Speed Shine - would those be better used as a clay lube? And lastly, I have a couple of bottles of Zaino Z7 wash which is what I have used to wash my vehicles for years. I have never used it as a clay lube but I understand I can use that dilluted as well. Thoughts?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toro1966 View Post
    Thanks Nick! So does that mean as a waterlesswatch and quick detailer you use it undilluted - full strength?
    I would definitely use it full strength for the other two applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro1966 View Post
    Also - I have some Meguiars final inspection and also some Griots Speed Shine - would those be better used as a clay lube? And lastly, I have a couple of bottles of Zaino Z7 wash which is what I have used to wash my vehicles for years. I have never used it as a clay lube but I understand I can use that dilluted as well. Thoughts?
    In my experience Griot's Speed Shine can actually be too slick as a clay lubricant. This might be perfect for beginners, but anyone that's experienced will want something that allows there to be (some) friction on the surface so the clay can shave off the contaminants. Too much lubrication and the bar won't clean the paint as much as it could/should.

I've never used Zaino or Meguiar's Final Inspection as a clay lube. Try them out and see which works best for you.