autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's MT300 Power Cord Issue

Well I was in the midst of polishing my garage queen to prep it for a coating and the MT300 bit the dust. It literally died on me while using it on the driver side fender. It stopped spinning. The sad thing is I was only able to use it on 4 cars. This would have been the 5th.

I soon realized that it would only turn on at certain angles. For example when it's upside down lol. Check out the video.

This is not a rant but I am putting this out there for those who have had or may have this issue. Hopefully this is not a bigger problem as this was one of the things that plagued their G110V2 DA. I do know of a member on this forum that had the same issue after using it on 17 cars.

I have emailed Meguiar's customer care and copied Michael Stoops as this should be covered under their 1 year warranty.

In the meantime I will be using my trusty PC7424XP to finish polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's MT300 Power Cord Issue

Hmm... Subscribed, keep us informed on what they say. I've had my eye on this DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Im working on my 3rd car right now. Hopefully it doesnt die on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch34 View Post
    Hmm... Subscribed, keep us informed on what they say. I've had my eye on this DA.
    Will do. It's more than likely a solder connection or the internal screws are loose. I could take it apart and fix it but since it is still under warranty I'll let Meguiar's take care of it. Plus I'm only 45 mins from their headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAverageMan View Post
    Im working on my 3rd car right now. Hopefully it doesnt die on me.
    Keep on using it. It's a good machine. I could have had a quality control issue with mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Well I was in the midst of polishing my garage queen to prep it for a coating and the MT300 bit the dust. It literally died on me while using it on the driver side fender. It stopped spinning. The sad thing is I was only able to use it on 4 cars. This would have been the 5th.

I soon realized that it would only turn on at certain angles. For example when it's upside down lol. Check out the video.

This is not a rant but I am putting this out there for those who have had or may have this issue. Hopefully this is not a bigger problem as this was one of the things that plagued their G110V2 DA. I do know of a member on this forum that had the same issue after using it on 17 cars.

I have emailed Meguiar's customer care and copied Michael Stoops as this should be covered under their 1 year warranty.

In the meantime I will be using my trusty PC7424XP to finish polishing.

I had G110v2's quit because of the cord issue. One had about 8-10 hours on it. This happened within a couple weeks. Exchanged t for a PC through AG. Had to buy another G110v2 from Walmart to finish the vehicle I was working on. Unfortunately the second 110 was used very little and died after about 20 hours, unfortunately that was 18 months after purchase. They have had this issue with every machine they made as far as I know. They supposedly had the problem corrected when they made the G110v2. It wasn't. I can't believe hearing about this type of problem on multiple machines on their new machine. Doesn't sound promising!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I heard back from Mr. Stoops. This will be covered under warranty. Their customer care center is closed for the holiday so I will have to wait until Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I had G110v2's quit because of the cord issue. One had about 8-10 hours on it. This happened within a couple weeks. Exchanged t for a PC through AG. Had to buy another G110v2 from Walmart to finish the vehicle I was working on. Unfortunately the second 110 was used very little and died after about 20 hours, unfortunately that was 18 months after purchase. They have had this issue with every machine they made as far as I know. They supposedly had the problem corrected when they made the G110v2. It wasn't. I can't believe hearing about this type of problem on multiple machines on their new machine. Doesn't sound promising!
    Damn. Hope this isn't an issue for this machine. It's got me thinking about getting a Rupes 15 or Griots 15.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was close to ordering one, this won't stop me but it will make me maybe wait and see how this plays out. The little I've had to deal with Meguiar's support I have nothing but good things to say. And from the 2 classes I took there, Michael Stoops is a really great guy. I can't see them not making this right, I just hope it's not a wide spread issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad they'll replace it for you, but it does make me hesitant to purchase it right now. I'm with quebert, I'll wait it out as well to see if any more cord problems arise. Plus, I don't think I'll be getting one until after winter anyways. I'm not a professional detailer so I'll only be using it a handful of times per year so I'll be pretty ticked off if it dies on me on my 6th or 7th use when it's out of warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Megs will do the right thing but I too have been waiting to purchase this unit. I had two different G110v2's do the same thing (warranted), hopefully it's an isolated issue.

Post Thanks / Like

My MT-300 had the same cord problems as the OP. And it was used only for a few cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG1h...ature=youtu.be

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast