autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed with wax for clay lube?

Ok I have been put in charge of buying all our car wash products for our fleet of trucks, they are a mix of pickups and big rigs. At our level we use bulk wash products and we are trying out a new brand that we seem to like so far.

One of the products is called spray wax/detailer. It seems to work real well as a final wipe down to remove hard water spots after washing and it leaves a nice shine. Anyway, I want to know if this is ok to use as clay lube with out ruining the clay.

Is wax a no no with the clay? Anyway this is the product
    (LINK REMOVED TO COMPETITORS PRODUCT: PER RULES OF THE FORUM)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailed with wax for clay lube?

Wow, you're in Orange County, CA and using a brand from the Netherlands. So many car care manufacturers are based in California, cant find a US made product to do the job?

Post Thanks / Like

### is Brand X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Wow, you're in Orange County, CA and using a brand from the Netherlands. So many car care manufacturers are based in California, cant find a US made product to do the job?
    I buy this stuff from the shop around the corner from my shop called detail garage, AKA chemical guys. From what I have been told by the manager there its all made by the same parent company as CG. They have it sitting there so I just grab and go, I like to support brick and mortor whenever its feasable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a blue solution called Luber from CG, it works better than any type of quick detailer. Try to ask for that as this works very well for clay. Why use spray wax that is likely to cost more and gum up the clay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MA5177 View Post
    From what I have been told by the manager there its all made by the same parent company as CG.
    Warner Chemicals
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoorOwner View Post
    I have used a blue solution called Luber from CG, it works better than any type of quick detailer. Try to ask for that as this works very well for clay. Why use spray wax that is likely to cost more and gum up the clay?
    Ya I have used the blue luber too and works well, but Im new and have nothing to compare it to. Cheaper? NO I pay $50 for 5 gallons vs $10 for 16oz of blue lube

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Being as you'll be washing before claying, then why not use just a good ol' fashion soapy solution? As long as you've cleaned the surface first you'll be fine. Just splash a bit of CLEAN soapy solution on the surface and clay till you're heart's content.

Now you might not want to do that with a show car, but with a fleet vehicle I can't see where it'd be a problem. You also don't need a full strength soap solution either. I actually started using it years ago on all my vehicles, even with Nanoskin... and haven't suffered any ill effects to date.

FWIW, Larry Kosilla (of Ammo fame) does the same thing, and some people believe he's as good as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Being as you'll be washing before claying, then why not use just a good ol' fashion soapy solution? As long as you've cleaned the surface first you'll be fine. Just splash a bit of CLEAN soapy solution on the surface and clay till you're heart's content.

Now you might not want to do that with a show car, but with a fleet vehicle I can't see where it'd be a problem. You also don't need a full strength soap solution either. I actually started using it years ago on all my vehicles, even with Nanoskin... and haven't suffered any ill effects to date.

FWIW, Larry Kosilla (of Ammo fame) does the same thing, and some people believe he's as good as it gets.
    The more I watch Larry's videos the more I doubt he's one of the best, but there's no better way to build your credibility than the way he does it (own line of products, huge following on YouTube..... Wait that's also why Chemical Guys is popular!) but he's still great for people starting. Still much better than Junkman.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    The more I watch Larry's videos the more I doubt he's one of the best, but there's no better way to build your credibility than the way he does it (own line of products, huge following on YouTube..... Wait that's also why Chemical Guys is popular!) but he's still great for people starting. Still much better than Junkman.
    Yeah I agree, and especially about your last comment. He's an over inflated gas bag and a bully to boot. His videos just drone on and on and on...... and he berates people who ask legitimate questions. I was on a car forum for awhile and it was like his little bullying playground. He was always thumping his chest. Gimme a break. That's actually how I found out about this forum, to get away from his garbage.
    Yeah, and that's how I really feel.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast