autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailed with wax for clay lube?

D115 is not recommended as a clay lube per Meguiars

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Mothers Showtime if I had unlimited $$$$ but I don't so I use ONR as my clay/nano lube. Never had any crumbling issues. As soon as the ONR is gonzo I plan to pick up D114 as I love the fact it can be used as an alternative to IPA planel wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Yes for 1:128 but I was referring to 1:256
    Gottcha!

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Mike Phillips

For what it's worth...

Spray waxes tend to dissolve detailing clay.

For washing fleet trucks purchase a brand name rinseless wash concentrate. Mix according to instruction.

Optimum No Rinse

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss

Keep it simple....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    For what it's worth...

Spray waxes tend to dissolve detailing clay.

For washing fleet trucks purchase a brand name rinseless wash concentrate. Mix according to instruction.

Optimum No Rinse

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss

Keep it simple....

Got it....Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    The more I watch Larry's videos the more I doubt he's one of the best, but there's no better way to build your credibility than the way he does it (own line of products, huge following on YouTube..... Wait that's also why Chemical Guys is popular!) but he's still great for people starting. Still much better than Junkman.
    I think Larry and Junkman are both quite knowledgeable albeit different methods. As the saying goes.......... more than one way to skin a cat.
    Don't get too caught up in washing/detailing a car. We make it way harder than it really is. The only "tricky" part is polishing swirls and scratches out. But, as the saying goes, start with the least aggressive and go from there.
    Don't know why you want to hate on Larry or Junkman. They're both very good. I would love to see YOUR work compared to any of theirs !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    I think Larry and Junkman are both quite knowledgeable albeit different methods. As the saying goes.......... more than one way to skin a cat.
    Don't get too caught up in washing/detailing a car. We make it way harder than it really is. The only "tricky" part is polishing swirls and scratches out. But, as the saying goes, start with the least aggressive and go from there.
    Don't know why you want to hate on Larry or Junkman. They're both very good. I would love to see YOUR work compared to any of theirs !!!!
    I don't hate them, but I don't agree with a lot of the things they say and some of the things they say (like Junkman's comments on microfiber) are either just incorrect or need more of an explanation.

My work is just as good as there's. I've worked on rare Porsches like Larry (918, super rare 993 - my favorite,) and even billionaire's car collections. Although I'll go ahead and say the types of cars you work are not an indication of how good you are even though customers think so. We see threads on hack jobs on $200,000+ cars all the time. If you watch his videos nothing is really revolutionary or special. It's all basic stuff even though he sometimes seems to make it look more complicated.

Junkman is a prime example that anyone can do detailing. The stuff he does is simple and shows how to easily polish car similar to Mike Phillips on his PC videos. Nothing he does is bad or wrong.

My top detailers? In no particular order:
    Todd Cooperidge
    Mike Phillips
    Zach McGovern
    Kevin Brown

Don't know why the snide comment about my work was necessary. I wish my tapatalk app worked to upload photos. Or if you really wanna see my collection of photos then your welcome to message me and I'll email you them.... Unless you're Junkman or Larry, you shouldn't be insulted so I don't know....
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DieryEuroSpec View Post
    I prefer Mothers Showtime if I had unlimited $$$$ but I don't so I use ONR as my clay/nano lube. Never had any crumbling issues. As soon as the ONR is gonzo I plan to pick up D114 as I love the fact it can be used as an alternative to IPA planel wipe.
    I use Showtime as I only clay 2-3 times/yr. I only pay $5 bottle and when that runs out I have a gallon of the CG Luber..... I'm broke as a church mouse, but, if I have to save a few pennies just to clay my car, I'll just reduce the amount of times I clay or cut a corner somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of hating going on. They (Junkman and Larry of AMMONYC) are excellent in my opinion. Regardless, no need in being so crude and hateful.
    Take a chill pill and wash it down with a beer. It's just cleaning a car, not brain surgery or a cure for cancer. Keep things in perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Lots of hating going on. They (Junkman and Larry of AMMONYC) are excellent in my opinion. Regardless, no need in being so crude and hateful.
    Take a chill pill and wash it down with a beer. It's just cleaning a car, not brain surgery or a cure for cancer. Keep things in perspective.
    Seriously.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234