autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Spider in my car windshield area making webs

Little ####### keeps putting these thin spider webs straight across the interior glass which is a pain in the butt to clean. Whenever I use my Stoners wand to clean it, he lays down more during the night in the garage. I don't know ### to do, cause I can't rip off all the plastic and stuff to look for the guy.

Anyone got any tips or have experienced this? I killed one while driving, and haven't cleaned the interior windshield since then, I just ignore the feint spider web when the light hits it right.

Hopefully when I clean the interior windshield in the morning, all the webs stop coming.

Unless the ####### laid eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spider in my car windshield area making webs

I feel your pain. I have the same issue almost every summer. The spiders that I've seen inside my vehicles are very tiny and white in color. All I do is clean the windshield more frequently and hope the spider moves or dies.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one on the outside of my truck somewhere. It's such a pain because I can't find it. Anyway inside I did have some little cockroaches because my daughter decided to drop some food in my truck. (I know, I know I usually don't allow food in my truck but sometimes when the child is hungry and you need to be somewhere you have no choice) I thought about bombing it and then letting it air out for a while. Then fully detailing the interior with steam but I just put the traps and they worked. Not sure about the spider but maybe call a exterminator to see what your options may be. Good luck and keep up posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Im gonna borrow an ozone generator and let it run inside for a few hours. Hopefully it dies by asphyxiation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAverageMan View Post
    Im gonna borrow an ozone generator and let it run inside for a few hours. Hopefully it dies by asphyxiation.
    this topic was discussed on rerun of NPR's Car Talk. I don't recall what Click & Clack told him, but said not to bomb or use pesticides. Reason is that the heater/ac unit will ingest the chemicals and remain persistent and cause health issues.

However, they said it can be a serious problem if it becomes a full blown infestation (which is always possible....) I'd got with the Ozone machine. Safe bet, stay away from the pesticides.

Post Thanks / Like

Start with spraying outside the house with Ortho Max, then spray the perimeter of the garage floor, around the garage door, any windows, and around any closet perimeters, around attic openings, basically anywhere you think there's a crack or entrance. It'll take a while, but soon nothing will live.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Release an assassin bug inside your car

Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    this topic was discussed on rerun of NPR's Car Talk. I don't recall what Click & Clack told him, but said not to bomb or use pesticides. Reason is that the heater/ac unit will ingest the chemicals and remain persistent and cause health issues.

However, they said it can be a serious problem if it becomes a full blown infestation (which is always possible....) I'd got with the Ozone machine. Safe bet, stay away from the pesticides.

That's why I really didn't bomb it. I had a feeling it would have some residue some how.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a chemical killer in various cars.

Raid Fumigator. it is not a liquid droplet spray, it is a heat generated smoke and it's particulates are extremely fine.
    It killed every type of infestation I have encountered. I have used it to kill an ant nest, black widow spiders (a WHOLE bunch of them). And some kind of little beetle.

I set the fumigator on a thick slam of marble I have lying around and set the Fumigator on it. leave the car closed up for three hours and then leave the doors open afterwards.

I also put a BIG fan to pull air through the car. I also hook a battery charger up to the car's battery and leave the car's fan running.

There is a very faint smell but it's is gone by the next day.

"My results are not a guarantee of your results"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Vacuum her up and hope that she hasn't laid spider eggs in your car. If the spider is gone, so are the webs.

If it's a male, then no eggs, but the vacuum works either way.