autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D BDX Brake cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by detailgod View Post
    how does your current product work? And what is your current product?
    ^^^ +1 ^^^
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailgod View Post
    how does your current product work? And what is your current product?
    Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner (safe for paint despite the name). For testing purposes, after using it, I have sprayed Iron X and there was never any more color change.

Post Thanks / Like

Just fit back in from using BDX (used RTU) And it was one of the best spray on spray off products I have ever used. I used a power washer for removal but here are some bleed pics

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the whole reason everyone was excited for this stuff was because it was either going to be a concentrate or be noticeably cheaper than IronX. If it is RTU then I don't see why I would be driven to buy this stuff over IronX. If you're saying because of the smell, then okay fine, but nobody on this forum or any of the other forums was like, "Oh heck yeah! Something that doesn't smell bad!!" Everyone was excited because it was supposed to be cheaper than IronX whether that be reflected through the price of a RTU product or a concentrate.

5. Likes autosensecarcare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I was really hoping for a concentrated version. It might still happen yet. As far as I know they didnt give up on the idea yet. And I was definitely disappointed with the price. It was made out to be knock your socks off cheap. Not really the case

Post Thanks / Like

After some serious behind the scenes discussion, 3D decided to release the final version of BDX as Ready To Use liquid. Meaning we're not *officially* suggesting to dilute the product despite what others have been successfully doing.

As far as a retail price of $80 per gallon ($125 for Iron-X), BDX is considerably less expensive than Iron X. Here's my math when purchasing large sizes (1 gallon / 4 liters)

Iron-X = .92 per ounce
    BDX = .63 per ounce

My math shows it to be about 30% less expensive when you compare *retail* prices. I already know that some are going to say that Iron-X can be purchased on sale for $100 per 4 liter container which brings the price down to .74 per ounce. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but because BDX has just been released it hasn't allowed vendors the appropriate time to discount it as what typically could happen. When it does, it will bring the pricing difference even greater.

Iron-X is indeed an incredible product with a very large following which is very well deserved. Out of all the iron removal products most feel that it's the leader in the market. That's why the crosshairs of our development were targeted towards this product. 3D never rests are producing a product this is "as good" as the others in the market. Instead we closely look at strengths and weaknesses and try improving on all aspects across the board. I feel that our BDX product does this hands down and once you try it I'm confident you will share these feelings.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for chiming in David. Do you know if Tunch is still considering coming out with a concentrate? I heard 3D was scared of people damaging stuff with a concentrate if not properly diluted. Was that the main reason you guys decided to go RTU?

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few factors that made us decide on the current offering. The biggest one was VOC and making a concentrate of BDX would have brought greater challenges. The other was making BDX as mild smelling as possible and the RTU is easier to achieve this. And a concentrate of this product could pose confusion amongst consumers. We try to keep detailing as simple as possible.

Besides our iron remover being what I feel is the strongest available, it also happens to be the least foul smelling iron remover on the market.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased BDX on my LD20 order believing that the product could be diluted 4:1 based on the embedded video on the AGO product page

I believe this is deceptive marketing of the product by AutoGeek and 3D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post

Besides our iron remover being what I feel is the strongest available, it also happens to be the least foul smelling iron remover on the market.
    Adams Deep Wheel is pretty good though. Maybe a little weaker, but smells a little better than 3D. Very comparable. I was hoping 3D could have beat there price though. I will do more testing and use what I like best.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast