autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

white diamond tricoat

Hey!

I just bought my first car worth taking care of (i've only ever had old beater cars). A slightly used 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport with the white diamond tricoat paint. I want to keep it in good condition but this will still be my daily driver in Michigan, even in the winter.

I am essentially new to detailing, I bought products to wash it properly, but I am getting really confused when it comes to polish and wax. Are there any products that will work especially well with this paint? It's really hard to make this car look bad so i would like to focus more on durability rather than show room finish.

This car has pretty much just been driven before me for 5 months and with how dirty it was when i first saw it i doubt it has every been even washed before me. so i was thinking, would it be best for me to get it professionally polished and waxed first and then i can learn and focus on maintenance?

would it hurt if i just try a light clay and wax for now before i figure out the polishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: white diamond tricoat

Quote Originally Posted by Superlicious View Post
    Hey!

I just bought my first car worth taking care of (i've only ever had old beater cars). A slightly used 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport with the white diamond tricoat paint. I want to keep it in good condition but this will still be my daily driver in Michigan, even in the winter.

I am essentially ne
    w to detailing, I bought products to wash it properly, but I am getting really confused when it comes to polish and wax. Are there any products that will work especially well with this paint? It's really hard to make this car look bad so i would like to focus more on durability rather than show room finish.

This car has pretty much just been driven before me for 5 months and with how dirty it was when i first saw it i doubt it has every been even washed before me. so i was thinking, would it be best for me to get it professionally polished and waxed first and then i can learn and focus on maintenance?

With a name like Superlicious, you have to step up, and shine that puppy up yourself. It's not rocket surgery. We'll be with you every step of the way. Start firing off the questions. Good luck and take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superlicious View Post
    Hey!

I am essentially new to detailing, I bought products to wash it properly, but I am getting really confused when it comes to polish and wax. Are there any products that will work especially well with this paint? It's really hard to make this car look bad so i would like to focus more on durability rather than show room finish.

would it hurt if i just try a light clay and wax for now before i figure out the polishing?
    Trust us and do it right the first time, that color will pop with the correct products and procedure.

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

1. Wash
    2. Iron X (a must for white cars)
    3. Clay

Here is were you can do different polishes / waxes

I use Menzerna 3 in 1 with good results on our white cars then a good sealent.

I am a weekend detailer so I am sure others will pop in with good info also

Post Thanks / Like

Where you at in MI?

I have a 2015 Silverado in the WDT and it showed teh rail dust like crazy. You will need to clay oftern

Post Thanks / Like

People will tell you to put a seal coat. I just picked up a 15 silverado and you will quickly find out how much money and time you have to spend on it. I've spend probably 600 in the last month just adding things to my collection. I was a weekend detailer but never did things by machine. Very glad I picked up a PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk