autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to detail your car if you live in an apartment?

Any university parking garages nearby?

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a DA b4 with a power inverter. It worked fine. Of course, you have to run the car to keep the battery charged from time to time. It's not ideal - but it's doable.

My advice: Make some friends.

Offer to watch someone's pet at their home with a garage when they are on vacation. Then - you will have a garage for a week.

Post Thanks / Like

When we had severe water restrictions for a year or two, I would wash my rides at the coin self serve wash late at night. I would only use the water as needed to fill a bucket and rinse. (a buck or two back then tops).

Because it was night, there was no heavy traffic. I could bucket wash without issue. I could also dry in the bay. (old fashioned way with towels, before a MasterBlaster). For heavy detailing I still had a garage at home. I just wish ONR was available at that time ....

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    This may sound crazy, however, one of my co-workers is doing this. She just moved to an apartment complex and parking is a biatch to find. So about 5 minutes from her place there is a storage rental place. She pays $58 per month for a garage!! I would assume there are outlets in the garage.

She gets peace of mind of having a parking place and not worrying about door dings or parking tickets (she got 2 since she moved there) and she does some exercise by walking to her apartment.

You may want to check into that if it makes sense. In her case it did. You might be close to a storage area or not but at least you could wash and detail your ride.
    You dont want to know how much parking spot or garage cost in NYC on a top of that you have to be on a waiting line to get a spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    You dont want to know how much parking spot or garage cost in NYC on a top of that you have to be on a waiting line to get a spot.
    I have heard in the $100K + Range. In Tustin, CA it is quite a bit less!!...LOL I have heard of a garage spot going for $1,000,000 in NYC..is that true?

If so that is crazy!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I have heard in the $100K + Range. In Tustin, CA it is quite a bit less!!...LOL I have heard of a garage spot going for $1,000,000 in NYC..is that true?

If so that is crazy!!
    Yes it is, concentration of stupidly rich who made, inherited, stole money with ease is very high. I'm not the one so here I'm to tell you that it cost from $285 in Boroughs and from $350 in the city plus tax. Also, so many ppl desire to get a spot in their apartment complex that they have to wait until spot will b available.
    Worse thing, why even moving to apartment I keep detailing myself, cause there is no one in the market w/ affordable pricing, they just think it is not worth a hassle. I'm not talking about so called carwash detailers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12