autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Eraser vs. Menz Top Inspection

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@AutoCleanse View Post
    ^^^^^^What are you trying to accomplish,
    Thanks for asking...
    I'm just looking for facts...
    not a bunch of this:
    you are overthinking the product.

You simply wipe eraser on prior to coating and then apply coating,

it works because I have applied many Cquartz coatings with no problems.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^What are you trying to accomplish, you are overthinking the product. Are you looking for a time table on how long the anti static agent is present? You simply wipe eraser on prior to coating and then apply coating, it works because I have applied many Cquartz coatings with no problems.

You can apply CQ, but Avi also stated that you can apply other coatings with no issues. Some have reported coating failures and it has been suggested that Eraser may have contributed to that. Obviously there are always too many factors in these situations to pinpoint just a prep product. Avi has been very upfront in this thread, and it's awesome to have those channels open.

The empirical data would suggest that many have had no issues (myself included), and others have had issues. I know I'm curious about the theoretical aspect as this may completely absolve Eraser of any potential contribution to coating failures. It will also help to understand if there are any limitations to Eraser; for instance, in cold temps the anti-static component may take longer to evaporate in which case I may need to wait longer; at 90*F, it may flash almost instantly and negate any benefit. Regardless it's about having the knowledge. As GI Joe said, knowing is half the battle.

With the cost and potential ramifications of a coating failure, especially as a professional detailer, coating application process is the absolute best time to overthink.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^What are you trying to accomplish, you are overthinking the product. Are you looking for a time table on how long the anti static agent is present? You simply wipe eraser on prior to coating and then apply coating, it works because I have applied many Cquartz coatings with no problems.
    There are certain times here on the forum where you are best suited to not ask. You will enter a preverbal circle that is time wasted.

Sometimes when the bottle doesn't say Meguires or Mothers some folks believe everything is smoke and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    You can apply CQ, but Avi also stated that you can apply other coatings with no issues. Some have reported coating failures and it has been suggested that Eraser may have contributed to that. Obviously there are always too many factors in these situations to pinpoint just a prep product. Avi has been very upfront in this thread, and it's awesome to have those channels open.

The empirical data would suggest that many have had no issues (myself included), and others have had issues. I know I'm curious about the theoretical aspect as this may completely absolve Eraser of any potential contribution to coating failures. It will also help to understand if there are any limitations to Eraser; for instance, in cold temps the anti-static component may take longer to evaporate in which case I may need to wait longer; at 90*F, it may flash almost instantly and negate any benefit. Regardless it's about having the knowledge. As GI Joe said, knowing is half the battle.

With the cost and potential ramifications of a coating failure, especially as a professional detailer, coating application process is the absolute best time to overthink.

So to not overthink it, just use the pre-coat assigned to the companies coating you're using and you'll be good. For example:

Eraser-cquartz
    Panel Wipe-Gtechinq
    Pinnacle surface cleansing lotion-black label
    IPA-optimum

You get the idea and it should be pretty much golden.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123