autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz UK holograms

I've applied Cquartz UK to the hood of my black VW and I've wiped it down numerous times with eraser, checked the paint in full sun, then applied. I used the suede applicator and only did a small 2x2 section at a time. It's about 75 degrees and ~30 humidity i would guess. When I pull it back out to check in the sun after application, it's an oily, hologram filled mess.

I've been searching online, polished off and reapplied, tried different towels (rendering about 6-7 cobra golds useless) and ordered more suede 16x16s. I've done this 3 times over with different methods and keep reaching the same result.

Now it's about 20 mins after I've wiped off this last time and it's a mess. Anyone able to help? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz UK holograms

How long are you letting the product on the paint before leveling? UK can be a tricky coating to work with.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had the same results lately. Applied, let sit for 1-3 minutes and removed. It's almost like the high spots take a while to appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm applying UK I spread on a certain area then immediately wipe of with suede towel then second wipe with Boa towel and no issues. Only with regular Cquartz do I let it set up, the wipe off.
    By any chance, is this a newly purchased bottle of UK? Or is it possibly expired?

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    When I'm applying UK I spread on a certain area then immediately wipe of with suede towel then second wipe with Boa towel and no issues. Only with regular Cquartz do I let it set up, the wipe off.
    By any chance, is this a newly purchased bottle of UK? Or is it possibly expired?
    This.

In high heat with humidity CQUK should be removed immediately. From working with it over last 2 years, I have found the best towel to remove it is the Megs Ultimate Wipes. I then do a final buff with 360gsm towel.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I said I let it sit for 1-3 minutes, I was guesstimating that it was taking me that long to finish applying to the rest of the panel. It's always been new bottles that I've used. I've been applying regular cquartz lately with no issues at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue when I tried applying it to my jet black BMW. 85 degrees or so with high humidity. I ended up polishing it off and going to try a different coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_660 View Post
    When I said I let it sit for 1-3 minutes, I was guesstimating that it was taking me that long to finish applying to the rest of the panel. It's always been new bottles that I've used. I've been applying regular cquartz lately with no issues at all.

That's sounds like a pretty big section. Maybe shrink down the area you're applying and see if that helps. If you're still having trouble, give Corey a call and maybe he has some ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

UK was designed to use in colder weather conditions, classic was meant to be used in the type of environment that you are currently working in.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like

I let it sit for as long as it took me to set the applicator down and pick up the suede towel.

I only got UK because I figured it'd be easier to apply. I made the mistake of not accounting for it being summer.
    Maybe I'll try something else or re try the coating when it's cooler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast