autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hydro2foam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydro2foam

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
    MDX, I'm currently using reset as clay lube from my wash bucket. It works great. And I use it with nanoskin wash towel. Just remember to rinse the mitt often in between sections
    I too use reset from my bucket as clay lube. What I'm curious to try is using hydrofoam as clay lube. Clay and protect in one step
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Post Thanks / Like

(In the voice of Artie Johnson) Dis is very interesting, very interesting. Ve vill have to vatch dis one. Very interesting!

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    What's the indication for this product -- what's the market?

Most people wash, decontaminate, polish, IPA/etc. wipe and then coat their cars. Would this Hydro2foam be indicated after the polish step to wash/coat at the same time? Or, is this indicated for those well-maintained cars that are already coated to be a coating booster? What if you have wax or sealants on your car already - how is it going to bond (you said it would be "ok" on these cars)?

It sounds like a neat product.
    Its great as maintenance wash and seal cars , good for coated cars, or waxed cars. not for cars who need to polish , or decon, its good for after polished .

Quote Originally Posted by MDX Detailing View Post
    Could this work as a clay lube? Say you wash vehicle with reset, rinse. Mix a small batch like a gallon of hydrofoam as clay lube and use with nanoskin wash mitt. Rinse. Dry. That could be a huge time saver for me
    I think better not since it has sealant in it, so it react fast, claying takes you some time( maybe worth to try on small area). it does make very smooth and glossy surface after.

Post Thanks / Like

My bottle of Hydrofoam arrived today and I tested it out on a 2014 F-150 supercrew, I mixed 3.2 oz in my foam lance and proceeded to foam the entire truck then washed the entire truck then sprayed off and used my leaf blower to dry. I was surprised at how easy the water just flew off when using the leaf blower, when it was all dry which only took maybe 1-2 minutes it was glossy, slick and streak free. I highly recommend this product and I will definitely be using this as my new go to wash and wax package.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07rs View Post
    My bottle of Hydrofoam arrived today and I tested it out on a 2014 F-150 supercrew, I mixed 3.2 oz in my foam lance and proceeded to foam the entire truck then washed the entire truck then sprayed off and used my leaf blower to dry. I was surprised at how easy the water just flew off when using the leaf blower, when it was all dry which only took maybe 1-2 minutes it was glossy, slick and streak free. I highly recommend this product and I will definitely be using this as my new go to wash and wax package.

Thanks for the feedback. Let us know if you encounter any unusual/intriguing.

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

whats the longevity of the sealant? same as hydro 2 up to 3 months?

Post Thanks / Like

My bottle is on its way as well, due Friday, but my crazy real-job schedule will probably preclude me from using it until early next week. But I am definitely excited to try it. If it works like I hope it will, I may have to fast-track my pop-up canopy acquisition!
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

So you used 3.2 oz at about $1 per ounce to wash 1 car. Seems expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    So you used 3.2 oz at about $1 per ounce to wash 1 car. Seems expensive.
    I wasn't sure how much to mix up to cover the truck that's why I used 3.2 oz. I foamed the truck twice even spraying the undercarriage, and my foam lance was still half full so I used the rest on my wife's Nissan Altima 2 coats and on 2 riding lawn mowers.

Post Thanks / Like

If using a foam lance and pressure washer, you're supposed to spray one panel, wipe, then rinse? What about constantly having to switch back and forth between the foam lance and rinse nozzle? No thanks!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.