autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1 step vs 2 step, is there any easy way to tell what is needed for my car?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    The purpose of an AIO is to eliminate the LSP step. Just use the AIO and call it a day. I really believe that keeping it simple is the best route to success and happiness.
    The car is 8 years old with 55k miles and never been polished. Doubt if an AIO will do the correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    The car is 8 years old with 55k miles and never been polished. Doubt if an AIO will do the correction.
    If someone has never done anything with it 8 years & 55k miles do you really think they are all of a sudden looking for a show car finish? An quality AIO with reset able correction ability will make a very noticeable difference compared to its current state.

OP - here is a link to read about the Menzerna AIO: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...technique.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

See my post on the black 2003 Thunderbird I just did that had 56k on it and had never been polished. Meguiar's D151 made a BIG difference on that car. It wasnt 100% but it was better than 65% easy.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I also do not have a garage as I live in an apartment. I use the 6 inch Harbor Freight DA with a 5 inch backing plate with good results for a hobbyist with a limited budget. I used the Pinnacle XMT 360 AIO on my mother-in-laws car which has only ever been waxed before me and a friends car that had virtually never been touched since he got the thing. I had good results with the Pinnacle XMT 360 and as a home user it is a product I will personally keep using. Also, you can use it in the sun which is a plus for me. Even though it cleans I still clay before applying and would recommend you do the same.

I like it because it creates little dust and you use it until it disappears and then move on to the next section. Plus you don't have to use a LSP. Even though you don't need a LSP I still top it with a good wax like Meg's NXT 2.0, because I already had some, to help get longer life and a little more shine. I also have Duragloss PBA and #105 which I was able to find over-the-counter at a great price, it is also easy to apply and lasts a long time. If you want a topper that lasts a long time you can't go wrong with Collinite Super DoubleCoat. When I get my wife's care ready for the winter this year I am going to apply the Duragloss PBA/105 and top it with the Super DoubleCoat.

Just remember don't expect miracles from an AIO. If you want to fully correct your paint you will need to compound (possibly even using a heavy duty swirl remover and aggressive pad), polish and seal/wax/coat. Determine what you are hoping to achieve and go from there to determine what products you will need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceSA View Post
    ...you cannot make any assumptions about what process is needed (1 step, 2 step, which pads/compounds etc) until you have conducted a test spot...
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...test-spot.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...hind-term.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Ebg18t;1270698]If someone has never done anything with it 8 years & 55k miles do you really think they are all of a sudden looking for a show car finish? An quality AIO with reset able correction ability will make a very noticeable difference compared to its current state.

OP - here is a link to read about the Menzerna AIO: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...technique.html[/QUOTE

Why not just use Nu Finish. Does he really need a quality AIO as you put it!! Oh, and he will still get a very noticeable difference compared to it's current state at half the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12