autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD products...

I got my wife pregnant with HD Speed...thats how good it is

Post Thanks / Like

I like HD Total as a paint safe APC. I find it's the best product I've used for spot cleaning cloth seats and carpets. It also works great as a "waterless" cleaner for underhood spray and wipe cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malin819 View Post
    LMAO...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the following

HD Speed: Best AIO and let me tell you it cuts more then you think. This product with an orange pad can work wonders. Easy to wipe off
    HD Adapt: Small learning curve but great cut and the finish is great
    HD cut and polish...played with them a little bit BUT doing a black Z4 this weekend and will use this combo
    Currently researching Adapt and Polish. Appreciate if you can you step all over that Learning Curve with Adapt for me?

Your thoughts on Polish will be most appreciated also after this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recon 4th 502nd View Post
    Currently researching Adapt and Polish. Appreciate if you can you step all over that Learning Curve with Adapt for me?

Your thoughts on Polish will be most appreciated also after this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

My $0.02

I find HD Adapt to be a great compound/polish. I know it's marketed to be "adapt"able to many different pads and cutting levels, overall I'd put it in a medium cut. It doesn't cut as much as a product like Menzerna FG400 but it performs and finishes just as good. It is very versatile but as with any HD product not priming the pad with a technique such as the Kevin Brown method works better. Sticking with 4-5 drops initially, then 3-4 after. HD Polish works the same way. Overall HD Adapt is a great versatile polish but if you're working on paint that's really hammered or hard you may find you need more cut but for most cases it works great and easily used as a 1-step.

As for HD Polish I'd put it right around the best polishes out there. Better than SF4000 and right near CarPro Reflect. Same thing with it, start out with 4-5 drops to "prime" and work from there. It finishes great and my favorite part about it is how few oils it leaves behind

Post Thanks / Like

LOL.. You know, between HD Speed and Megs D114, I'm not sure you really need anything else in your product line-up. Both do EVERYTHING, (as we say in Boston), wicked awesome!

But in all seriousness, I've used HD Speed on 4 cars now and the results are just incredible.
    On one car, it had some serious scratches, I used 7424xp/LC orange thin 5.5" with FG400 & white LC 5.5 w/ 4500. Still had scratches.

Then went over the same area (using clean, but same type of pads) with HD Speed... scratches darn near went away. Maybe it was luck, maybe it was 3 times the charm on the same area, so I decided to do the rest of the car with speed and took out about 85% of the scratches, or level of scratches.

Another thing I noticed about speed, it lives up to it's name "speed". I'm used to doing 6 section passes with Pinnacle Swirl/Scratch Remover, or FG400... With Speed, I notice a HUGE difference after the 2nd section pass. Most swirls are gone in the first pass.

As far as water beading, one car was done nearly 2 months ago with just speed, still has same bead pattern as another car that was a 3 step, including Collinite 476 as the LSP.

Don't know what magic they're cooking up at 3D, but it's some good stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    My $0.02

I find HD Adapt to be a great compound/polish. I know it's marketed to be "adapt"able to many different pads and cutting levels, overall I'd put it in a medium cut. It doesn't cut as much as a product like Menzerna FG400 but it performs and finishes just as good. It is very versatile but as with any HD product not priming the pad with a technique such as the Kevin Brown method works better. Sticking with 4-5 drops initially, then 3-4 after. HD Polish works the same way. Overall HD Adapt is a great versatile polish but if you're working on paint that's really hammered or hard you may find you need more cut but for most cases it works great and easily used as a 1-step.

As for HD Polish I'd put it right around the best polishes out there. Better than SF4000 and right near CarPro Reflect. Same thing with it, start out with 4-5 drops to "prime" and work from there. It finishes great and my favorite part about it is how few oils it leaves behind
    Thanks.

Yes, noted the "Priming The Pad" nuances and easy cleanup with the HD Line and have heard Legendary Stories about Polish.

Any Pad recs for jeweling with HD Polish?...looking @ the Crimson Hydro-Techs. Would like to stay with a single line of Pads so my daughter can still attend Community College (Since getting into Detailing, Harvard is MOST ASSUREDLY out of the picture lol)
    Waiting for Buff and Shine to release their "New Pads" before I jump in

Appreciate your take.
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

My from my research i chose 3D HD adapt and carpro Reflect
    once they run out ill try the NEW 3D AAT stuff along with either Polish Angel Master cut or DetailKing Extreme cut as they combines DAT and SMAT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recon 4th 502nd View Post
    Waiting for Buff and Shine to release their "New Pads" before I jump in
    As far as I know the new B&S pads to be released later this summer are designed for large throw polishers. That being said their flat 5.5" pads are excellent and very durable-their blue and black pads are great jeweling pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried this last time I detailed my wife's black VW Golf-- not allot of swirls, but the paint is hard as nails so polished with a B&S orange pad and HD Polish. Then rather than going directly to POXY, I went over the entire car with Speed with a B&S black pad (just a couple of passes), then POXY, then HD Express spray gloss enhancer the next morning. Knocked my socks of!!!! Give it a try -- especially on black and red.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast