autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealing and waxing Questions

It's immediate? I didn't know that. I read that it takes a couple hours vs 12-24 hours.

What pad should I use for the windows? I would absolutely love to try that out since water always evaporates on my glass leaving spots. Really annoys me that I can't even use my windshield washer fluid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    It's immediate? I didn't know that. I read that it takes a couple hours vs 12-24 hours.

What pad should I use for the windows? I would absolutely love to try that out since water always evaporates on my glass leaving spots. Really annoys me that I can't even use my windshield washer fluid.
    Now I think you are correct. I researched it, and it's 2 hrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808_detail_nut View Post
    Are they etched in? If they are then you will have to polish. If they are not then use a waterspot remover. I deal with waterspots constantly and that usually is my approach. What cleaner wax are you thinking of using?
    Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Now I think you are correct. I researched it, and it's 2 hrs.
    Haha, that's funny. I researched some myself, and I found a post from richy who asked the DG guys directly and said it flash cured!

I am quite confused at this point. I think I will just apply that second coat of DG105 right after since I imagine it will take me 1-1.5 hour to reach the same starting point. Worst case, I strip off the old DG105 and put on another layer of DG105. Still ready to go w/ Collinite

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just finished. Didn't do two coats of DG105. I was way too tired.

I definitely notice the slickness from DG105 and the Collinite. I had problems at the polishing stage though, I couldn't remove any of the water spots on my car even with M105 + orange pad. I was using speed 5 and pressing down (or at least I thought I was) quite hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Haha, that's funny. I researched some myself, and I found a post from richy who asked the DG guys directly and said it flash cured!

I am quite confused at this point. I think I will just apply that second coat of DG105 right after since I imagine it will take me 1-1.5 hour to reach the same starting point. Worst case, I strip off the old DG105 and put on another layer of DG105. Still ready to go w/ Collinite
    We must have both seen the same quotes from richy. I see it posted both ways. Even 2 hrs isn't long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    We must have both seen the same quotes from richy. I see it posted both ways. Even 2 hrs isn't long.
    Yup.

I was timing myself and it took me almost 2 hours to reach my starting point anyways so it worked out perfectly! I think I am pretty slow at this stuff though.

I'm quite happy with DG105. I'm almost hoping it rains on my drive tomorrow just to see how the water beads!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123