autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

303 which one to get

I've read good things about 303 however in many post they don't specify what 303 product they are using.
    There is the aerospace, and clear vinyl protectant cleaner.

Are there major differences between these two, which would you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 which one to get

303 AP can be used on almost any surface. Their clear vinyl protectant cleaner is for just that; like on boats, jeeps, tents, campers, etc. It is a new product so until now most people were probably using 303 AP on clear vinyl/plastic. While it will work, now they have a product designed specifically for said material. I haven't used it yet to say the difference between the two but, when the situation arises I will probably purchase it for the specific use.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EuroTech View Post
    I've read good things about 303 however in many post they don't specify what 303 product they are using.
    There is the aerospace, and clear vinyl protectant cleaner.

Are there major differences between these two, which would you recommend?
    I guess the question is: are you using it on clear plastic or other misc plastic & rubber surfaces?

If just regular plastic & rubber surfaces then the 303 Aerospace is what you want.

If you are using it on clear plastic surfaces then 303 Clear Is what you want.

We use the 303 clear on our boat for our clear vinyl console surround during the winter months. The clear version dries clear and doesn't leave that milky film on clear vinyl. Just have to be careful to not use to much otherwise it streaks.

Post Thanks / Like

I work for 303, I agree with you most people do say they "303" it. Much of the time in the automotive world it means our protectant.
    I do see some confusion when people are looking at convertible tops. Because you would use our fabric guard on a fabric top and aerospace protected on a vinyl top.

The clear vinyl cleaner and protectant is a new product, Designed to work with strata glass and eisenglas. Strata glass is very picky about what you use on it, using the wrong cleaner or protectant can damage it very easily.

Let us know The surface you're working on, and we will recommend the right product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post
    I work for 303, I agree with you most people do say they "303" it. Much of the time in the automotive world it means our protectant.
    I do see some confusion when people are looking at convertible tops. Because you would use our fabric guard on a fabric top and aerospace protected on a vinyl top.

The clear vinyl cleaner and protectant is a new product, Designed to work with strata glass and eisenglas. Strata glass is very picky about what you use on it, using the wrong cleaner or protectant can damage it very easily.

Let us know The surface you're working on, and we will recommend the right product.
    How about this...

Thanks in advance
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    I guess the question is: are you using it on clear plastic or other misc plastic & rubber surfaces?

If just regular plastic & rubber surfaces then the 303 Aerospace is what you want.

If you are using it on clear plastic surfaces then 303 Clear Is what you want.

We use the 303 clear on our boat for our clear vinyl console surround during the winter months. The clear version dries clear and doesn't leave that milky film on clear vinyl. Just have to be careful to not use to much otherwise it streaks.
    I am planning on using it with auto dash, doors any vinyl/plastic and on boat seats, dash. If 303 is the one holy grail that works for all ,great! if there are multiple products that work even better (noticeably not something you have to squint and scrutinize like a good carnauba waxes) for these specific applications please let me know.
    so for your head lights 303 clear does the job, should I clean with a glass cleaner first?
    And any thoughts on wolfgang cockpit and chemical guys silk shine vs 303? Thanks you

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning on using it with auto dash, doors any vinyl/plastic and on boat seats, dash. If 303 is the one holy grail that works for all ,great! if there are multiple products that work even better (noticeably not something you have to squint and scrutinize like a good carnauba waxes) for these specific applications please let me know.
    so for your head lights 303 clear does the job, should I clean with a glass cleaner first?
    And any thoughts on wolfgang cockpit and chemical guys silk shine vs 303? Thanks you

My headlights are coated with CarPro product.

The only place I use 303 is on my boat. It is a solid all around product.

My interior trim has Ultima Interior Trim Guard on it.

Glass cleaner is for glass. I don't use it on plastic.

I don't do Chemical Guys Products. I tried them along time ago and found them disappointing. To me it is just a marketing company with lackluster products.

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recon 4th 502nd View Post
    How about this...

Thanks in advance

303 Aerospace protectant will work. That being said a longer lasting alternative is Ultima Trim and Tire Guard.
    303 AP will provide a nice look but being water based protectant it won't last great on hard plastic trim.

Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace will work on all those surfaces. If your using on headlights then yes you can clean with a non ammonia glass cleaner first.

I've used Wolfgang Cockpit and it's a nice product. I'm not sure about its cross over. I've never used silk shine before so I'll leave that one for someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.