autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flex vs rupes

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: flex vs rupes

Quote Originally Posted by jetman624 View Post
    Are you seriously asserting that no one can speak intelligently on something they have not personally tried? That researching the findings of others is completely invalid?

LOL. Do yourself a favor, buddy, and stay away from grad school.

Obviously you shouldn't go around belligerently knocking things you haven't tried, but surely anyone at a middle school student's reading comprehension level can see no one here was doing that.
    Sorry, reading your first post in this thread validates custmsprty reply. Both machines will cut as well as the operator can manage. The machines will not be the weak link.

I don't need the extra cut of a forced rotation machine for.
    You are completely off here, you do sound like a newbie who "READS" instead of actually use. I would apologize to custmsprty if I were you.
    In "my" user opinion, the Rupes is a superior cutting and finishing polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Sorry, reading your first post in this thread validates custmsprty reply. Both machines will cut as well as the operator can manage. The machines will not be the weak link.

You are completely off here, you do sound like a newbie who "READS" instead of actually use. I would apologize to custmsprty if I were you.
    In "my" user opinion, the Rupes is a superior cutting and finishing polisher.
    Thanks.

This is a great new review of a from a fellow forum member that has owned and used the Flex 3401, Rupes 21 and now owns a GG21. His input having used all three is great information and appreciated and well written focusing on the positives of things.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...boss-21-a.html
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

After reading through all these forums for years now, no one should take any offense at anything anyone says since everyone is entitled to their opinion. The thread was about Flex vs Rupes and I finally understand the difference and I can speak from experience since I have owned both and used both - Rupes 15, mini and duetto and Flex. Flex to me works great and does what I need it to do. Rupes was too hard for me to control since I had no idea that pad rotation is not critical (as per Todd Helme, not my opinion HIS opinion) and since the machine will polish/correct with the orbit by itself, having technique to have the pad rotate helps but isn't critical (which by the way runs counter to everything I have ever read or studied). In that light, both machines are excellent and will perform but in "my" user opinion I find the Flex to cut and finisher better and just as importantly faster.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Do yourself a favor, buddy, and stay away from grad school.
    Are you ok with this? I hope not. This was not necessary

Quote Originally Posted by mbpress01 View Post
    After reading through all these forums for years now, no one should take any offense at anything anyone says since everyone is entitled to their opinion. The thread was about Flex vs Rupes and I finally understand the difference and I can speak from experience since I have owned both and used both - Rupes 15, mini and duetto and Flex. Flex to me works great and does what I need it to do. Rupes was too hard for me to control since I had no idea that pad rotation is not critical (as per Todd Helme, not my opinion HIS opinion) and since the machine will polish/correct with the orbit by itself, having technique to have the pad rotate helps but isn't critical (which by the way runs counter to everything I have ever read or studied). In that light, both machines are excellent and will perform but in "my" user opinion I find the Flex to cut and finisher better and just as importantly faster.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just classic.

All the people who relied on researching the opinions of others to purchase their machines, that they now proudly proclaim to have first hand experience with, crap on the guy who shared and clearly disclaimed the reasoning behind his research based opinion in a forum-- probably the same forum they themselves used to form their initial opinions-- that exists to share opinions.

The arrogance and irony are overwhelming.

I hate to burst your bubble, but your opinion based on your actual experience doesn't invalidate the opinion of someone who arrived there by researching the opinions of others.

Now, I fully understand and appreciated that people may value the opinions of someone who has first hand experience vs a research based opinion differently. That is why I very clearly disclaimed how mine was formed. I also know that there are a relatively small number of people who have actually tried all these machines and that not all of them post in every single thread that comes up about this topic, as it comes up quite often. So there is really no reason anyone should be taking a crap on someone who was merely sharing the reasoning behind their recent purchase.

I didn't say one machine was better or worse than another or tell OP which HE should buy. I shared my impressions of the two machines at the conclusion of my research, how that aligned with what I felt I needed, and the machine I purchased. Why some of you have gotten your panties all in a bunch over that I will never understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Are you ok with this? I hope not. This was not necessary
    Clearly you missed the point of that comment.

You guys are crapping on a research based opinion. If you don't see any value in an opinion based on research, you would surely struggle with higher education. That wasn't meant as a slam on anyone-- it was meant to illustrate that researched based opinions are not worthless, despite yours, his, and many others here assertions to the contrary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jetman624 View Post
    Clearly you missed the point of that comment.

You guys are crapping on a research based opinion. If you don't see any value in an opinion based on research, you would surely struggle with higher education. That wasn't meant as a slam on anyone-- it was meant to illustrate that researched based opinions are not worthless, despite yours, his, and many others here assertions to the contrary.
    Well it sure came across as a slam, really no other way to take it.

Research, videos, feedback, opinions are all great and I rely on them to a point.

Ultimately nothing can replace hands on training or hands on experience.

If that was't the case the USAF would have let me work on their jets when I was in the service after 9 months of class room instruction. Instead they put me through a carefully guided hands on training over the next couple years. And I still had to pass tests as each next level was attained. And those tests were invariably "hands on".

But, you can feel free to hop on an airliner for your next trip that's been fixed by a person who learned it from a book or took a persons opinion how to fix it.

That being said, don't bother replying to me, I won't see it, I've added you to my ignore list so I won't see your inane posts.

How's that for a higher education "buddy"

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Research, videos, feedback, opinions are all great and I rely on them to a point.

Ultimately nothing can replace hands on training or hands on experience.
    Yes, I agree. For forming YOUR OWN opinion, nothing beats hands on experience. But that doesn't mean YOUR opinion formed from hands on experience invalidates the opinion of someone's that was formed from research. And it certainly doesn't mean people should be dissuaded from sharing their reasoning for their purchase in a public forum where people come to share opinions and experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    If that was't the case the USAF would have let me work on their jets when I was in the service after 9 months of class room instruction. Instead they put me through a carefully guided hands on training over the next couple years. And I still had to pass tests as each next level was attained. And those tests were invariably "hands on".

But, you can feel free to hop on an airliner for your next trip that's been fixed by a person who learned it from a book or took a persons opinion how to fix it.
    This is a grossly false equivalence, but thank you for your service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12